California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: What is your preferred seat? (or what do you currently use)
OEM Seat
24.14%
Recaro Pole Position
27.59%
Recaro SPG
13.79%
Bride Vios
6.90%
Bride Exas
6.90%
Bride Zeta
3.45%
Other
17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Bride/Recaro Seats

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bride/Recaro Seats

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy an aftermarket seat soon. I have recently started tracking my S but it's still my daily driver so comfort is a top priority to me. Specifically, I'm looking at Bride Exas, Bride Vios, and Recaro SPG.

What I'm looking for (in order of importance)
1) Comfort (good lumbar support!)
2) Does not rub against door

I've taken a look a a few Bride Vios seats in the past couple months... how do I tell if it's a replica??

Also, if anyone has these seats and would be willing to let me sit in them I'd be greatly appreciative, thanks!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

frank and vince have spg don't they?
i can't imagine how rough it would be to daily your car with a seat. nothing beats stock when it comes to daily.

i voted for whatever i would choose if i didn't have a stock seat haha.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've only sat in the pole position and never in another seat other than the OEM seat. I can say that this is ultimately a subjective matter of opinion situation. I like the recaro seat better than the OEM seat for all situations, commuting, driving fast, etc. in my last car I had fixed back sparco fighter seats for YEARS which replaced an admittedly worse OEM seat than the s2000 provided. I think that anyone who is a real "driver" (as opposed to a parking lot person) will truly enjoy the benefits of the racing seats. In my opinion they provide a better "connected" feel to the car, the suspension, the shifts, the engine, etc.

To put this into perspective I wrote my entire dissertation while sitting in a recaro pole position in my s2000. And let's just say that wasn't a simple one-weekend project. I currently sit in the recaro while reading for about 6-8 hours per weekend every weekend. My girlfriend was so jealous of my comfort that I ended up getting a matching seat for the passenger side so she can benefit. She loves it as well and finds it comfortable. The paradox here is that we find it "uncomfortable" to have to hold on and brace yourself while actually driving the car in the OEM seat.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 AM

Why not switch your seats for track events? The inner rear bolt isn't as easily-accessed as the other three, but a seat change shouldn't take too much of your time or effort.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:26 AM

I think there's a certain irony in people who do things like install suspension, exhaust, and other mods not exactly known for comfort and then complain that a seat isn't comfortable.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 AM

For me a bucket is more comfortable than stock, it's just a pain to get in and out of. SPG is by far the most comfortable one I've sat in so far. I have a smaller frame, so I use the Zeta. The Sparco Rev fit me well as well, but hurts my lower back while driving for some reason.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
I've only sat in the pole position and never in another seat other than the OEM seat. I can say that this is ultimately a subjective matter of opinion situation. I like the recaro seat better than the OEM seat for all situations, commuting, driving fast, etc. in my last car I had fixed back sparco fighter seats for YEARS which replaced an admittedly worse OEM seat than the s2000 provided. I think that anyone who is a real "driver" (as opposed to a parking lot person) will truly enjoy the benefits of the racing seats. In my opinion they provide a better "connected" feel to the car, the suspension, the shifts, the engine, etc.

To put this into perspective I wrote my entire dissertation while sitting in a recaro pole position in my s2000. And let's just say that wasn't a simple one-weekend project. I currently sit in the recaro while reading for about 6-8 hours per weekend every weekend. My girlfriend was so jealous of my comfort that I ended up getting a matching seat for the passenger side so she can benefit. She loves it as well and finds it comfortable. The paradox here is that we find it "uncomfortable" to have to hold on and brace yourself while actually driving the car in the OEM seat.
oh my you really make me

I'm awaiting the day for you to become an adult.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1412871758' post='23362932

oh my you really make me

I'm awaiting the day for you to become an adult.
My online persona is a creative expression social experiment which allows me to live the pissy oppositional adolescent dream and to be able to relate to others on their level of maturational development. I assure you I live the rest of my life within my actual chronological age group.

I will give a pass to anyone with a legitimate disability who prefers an OEM seat.

This post was edited repetitively by Rob-2.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I stand corrected

I await the day when you act yourself on S2Ki
Old 10-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish I had more seat experience.... I need a nice new bucket.

Quick Reply: Bride/Recaro Seats