California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

crappy sf roads = sad s2k

Old 06-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crappy sf roads = sad s2k

whats up fellas? over memorial weekend i headed up to sf with some friends for a road trip/vacation. we headed up in 2 s2k's and 1 4th gen tl. for the majority of the trip it was FUN driving in the s2k. when i got to sf, i was so surprised to see how bad the pavement was everywhere. even in LA it's not as bad. im on kw v3's and i felt like they probably took a good beating after all the cracks, bumps, potholes, etc. traffic was painfully frustrating. guess i should have known better...but im never going up in a sports car again!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

besides the bumpy roads in sf, i hope you enjoyed norcal haha.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Oh you were the one I spotted with the "HI =]" on Irving & 19th on Saturday. Yeah us locals deal with that all the time, don't forget the hills too
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM

would have been cool to hit up some of the local meets! you sf'ers seem nice : ]
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

SF as a city is not known for fun driving.
The novelty of Lombard street and some of the steep inclines/declines is about as fun as you will get.
Next time take that S on some of the twisties in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
I'm sorry your trip to SF was not more pleasurable.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same complains when i went to LA with my S
Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Next time you're in Northern California, definitely visit the Napa, Sonoma, Petaluma, and Hwy 1 area's. The roads are AMAZING both in quality of pavement, and scenery and there's a TON of stuff to do in that area that you won't get in your big city area's. You gotta remember, San Francisco is probably one of the smallest metropolitan areas... needless to say the roads in/around get beat to death. I refuse to drive on i880 near Oakland, it's the worst damn driving experience of your life. Although... it is like a free massage.

Next time you're coming up, holler at us and we'll give you some hotspots to really exploit the fun of the S (and yes, there's TONS of them); unfortunately SF isn't one of them.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 AM

I'd have to say, sf roads are pretty bad however IMO socal roads are about the same, just depends on where ur at I suppose. Traffic is definently not as bad as LA traffic tho... But I get your point.. Hope you enjoyed your visit... If u decide to head back next time, besure to post up, I'm sure most of the Norcal locals are always down for a mini meet or cruise..
Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by playground_the
I had the same complains when i went to LA with my S
He's probably not from the city of Los Angeles, cause Wilshire needs some serious redoing lol (native Angeleno here). But yeah, I never drive my S in the city lmao, and the 880 and lots of parts in the East Bay are ridiculous too.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

HEHE. Got to beat that A$$ drivers in LA. I recall at home coming the number of douches per SQ mile began to increase dramatically as we approached LA.

We don't drive our S in SF. Largely because of the bump parking the locals use and secondly the number of visitors who cannot drive.

Quick Reply: crappy sf roads = sad s2k