California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

crappy sf roads = sad s2k

Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it was you who my gf and i saw this past weekend. I was like "which track was he coming from?" Since i saw your whole front bumper wrapped in masking tape. lol

I just moved up to the bay a few months ago. Came from LA and i must say that the roads in LA are worse overall. Especially the freeways. I used to daily the 101 to the 405 all the way to Sylmar and thats a rough ride. Esp with coils!
SF does have some bad roads to deal with as well which is why i never take the S to the city.

I must say that the worst road i ever drove on was over by USC on my way to the Monster Massive rave. The streets around there were horrible. It looked like the city of LA started construction on many different roads but never finished them or didnt do a good job. As others have stated, if you come up again, try to head through the Santa Cruz mountains or up the coast. Such a nice drive! :]
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by playground_the
I had the same complains when i went to LA with my S
ditto! SoCal is not lowered car friendly. as for the streets in the city, I've gotten to know where the bad streets are and learned to avoid em
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM

Should have went to the little barbecue we had on sunday! And highway 1 is a good drive, however you would have to pass pentlauma...and a few other towns before the drive gets interesting.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2
HEHE. Got to beat that A$$ drivers in LA. I recall at home coming the number of douches per SQ mile began to increase dramatically as we approached LA.

We don't drive our S in SF. Largely because of the bump parking the locals use and secondly the number of visitors who cannot drive.
i don't use "bump parking" -_____-
i've lived in SF all my life, and never got hit from being parked. guess i've been lucky but i parked my m downtown every day for over a year and not a scratch.

the roads do suck, and so does traffic, but it's a million times better than socal! but i guess being local, i never need to go out to the touristy areas.

at least the weather was semi nice to you! it's crap right now
Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by herrjr
Originally Posted by playground_the' timestamp='1306986233' post='20640584
I had the same complains when i went to LA with my S
He's probably not from the city of Los Angeles, cause Wilshire needs some serious redoing lol (native Angeleno here). But yeah, I never drive my S in the city lmao, and the 880 and lots of parts in the East Bay are ridiculous too.
well to be fair im not often in downtown as i live in a residential area 10 miles away from the heart of la
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by stacey
Should have went to the little barbecue we had on sunday! And highway 1 is a good drive, however you would have to pass pentlauma...and a few other towns before the drive gets interesting.
we tried to go home through highway 1, unfortunately it was closed 200miles into the drive, we had to take a detour to the 101 : /
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I think every city has good / bad sections and SF is no exception. Sorry you did not have a good experience....

Ironically I love driving my s2000 in the city - so small, nimble and easy to park! Granted the bumps and lowered car stance sucks compared to my SUV but top down few experiences can top it

Only bad experience was one time last time I was driving top down near the tenderloin and got hit by a soggy sandwich! Didn't even notice it till I smelled and touched it (landed in my cupholder)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by silverst0ner
Originally Posted by stacey' timestamp='1307038970' post='20642637
we tried to go home through highway 1, unfortunately it was closed 200miles into the drive, we had to take a detour to the 101 : /
I believe she ment hwy1 north of san Francisco ... That's here it becomes a twisty mountain drive...
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by silverst0ner
would have been cool to hit up some of the local meets! you sf'ers seem nice : ]
Just please dont send me to a hospital if you see me with my SF cap on yeah? Atleast you get to go back home not in critical condition...

i'm just kidding =P JK!

hope you had a great time in SF other than the driving condition, I didn't think people came to a city as a vacay for their roads? anyhow... i was in NYC and i didn't research their roads, driving condition etc, my attention was towards night life, good eats, scenery, hot spots, and girls! NOT ROADS! ... oh, and your complaining about traffic being bad, and your from LA?! haha

Cheers!
KenV
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by jenn_bat
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1307033920' post='20642208
HEHE. Got to beat that A$$ drivers in LA. I recall at home coming the number of douches per SQ mile began to increase dramatically as we approached LA.

We don't drive our S in SF. Largely because of the bump parking the locals use and secondly the number of visitors who cannot drive.
i don't use "bump parking" -_____-
i've lived in SF all my life, and never got hit from being parked. guess i've been lucky but i parked my m downtown every day for over a year and not a scratch.

the roads do suck, and so does traffic, but it's a million times better than socal! but i guess being local, i never need to go out to the touristy areas.

at least the weather was semi nice to you! it's crap right now
Lucky you. I've been bumped twice and when you drive through the city you see all the bumpers chewed up.

Quick Reply: crappy sf roads = sad s2k