California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Heated seat recommendations?

Old 01-09-2006, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seat recommendations?

Has anyone had a local install of a heated seat kit done in the south bay? If yes, the cost and where the switches were installed (pics?).

thanks,

Keith
Old 01-09-2006, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kroeker,Jan 9 2006, 08:22 AM
Has anyone had a local install of a heated seat kit done in the south bay? If yes, the cost and where the switches were installed (pics?).

thanks,

Keith
Not too many people in the Bay Area have need for this. I think a better idea would be to post in Pac Northwest forum (tons of people have them up there)... find out the companies that sell the heaters... and then see if they have some kind of installer directory.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Jan 9 2006, 01:49 PM
Not too many people in the Bay Area have need for this. I think a better idea would be to post in Pac Northwest forum (tons of people have them up there)... find out the companies that sell the heaters... and then see if they have some kind of installer directory.

9 days out of 10 the ambient/seat heating setting on the S is warm and strong enough for Bay Area days.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chicks still dig heated seats when its 90 degrees outside
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM

My heated seats are directly correlated to the amount of Mexican food I ingest. That being said... take a look at this thread... it might help you out a little further...

CHECK IT...
Old 01-09-2006, 02:00 PM

I've been trying to contact check corp for weeks to get a estimate on them shipped to me. I plan on doing the install myself. I looked at the service manual and it looks like taking apart the seats are relatively easy. Wiring should be no problem as I've installed amps and stuff before.

I found another company, http://www.duettomotors.com/ They're the same price and it's customized kits for the s2000 as well. I'm still debating which company to buy form, but I'm getting some for sure.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:03 AM

[QUOTE]I've been trying to contact check corp for weeks to get a estimate on them shipped to me. I plan on doing the install myself. I looked at the service manual and it looks like taking apart the seats are relatively easy. Wiring should be no problem as I've installed amps and stuff before.

I found another company, http://www.duettomotors.com/ They're the same price and it's customized kits for the s2000 as well. I'm still debating which company to buy form, but I'm getting some for sure.

Let me know how it works out for you. There had been a group buy in the PacificNorthwest group, but it died for lack of interest. Since I drive with the top down all year round (unless the storm has a name) it is sometimes a bit nippy in the mornings when the frost is out. Heated seats would be a big plus.

thanks for the info,

Keith
Old 01-22-2006, 06:30 PM

So I ordered the heated seats from Duetto and turns out they're Check Corp heated seats! So it's cheaper than Check's website if you don't live in Calif cuz the probably don't charge tax.

The seats are pretty cool, comes with everything you need to install. I was going to start this weekend, but I don't have hog clips to redo the seat bottoms. I'll probably start next week. Instructions are very vague though. But I get the main idea.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:20 PM

Heated seats might allow more Bay Area owners to drive top down in the summer...

Seriously, this is something I've considered for years, given the temperature is so variable around here. The parts seem reasonably priced but I never wanted to spend the $$$ for labor.

I've seen the seat-lowering threads in this forum so it looks like it's easy to take off the seat pan, etc. but I always assumed getting the heater element between the leather and the foam was the biggest challenge (not for amateurs...) I had read the back was easy, but the seat was a pain.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 AM

So I just finished the passenger seat last night. It's actually not that bad, but you need a hog ring clip plier. You need a bunch of hog ring clips, the seat bottom is riddled with them. I'll take some pictures when I do the driver's side one. Overall, it took me 3 hours to do one seat, but it was mostly spent being frustrated and trying to figure out how and what I need to take apart to get the job done. But it seems that you'll have to break down the seats almost to their individual parts.

After the seats are done, it's just a matter of wiring everything up. Also, I wouldn't get universal kits if any of you were thinking about it. The middle of the seat bottom has hog ring clips so you need a hole in the middle of your heating pad to make it work. I was wondering why there was a big rectangular hole in the middle of the heating pad, now I know why. I guess you could reinstall without hog clipping the middle, but I think your seat will look saggy in the middle.

Quick Reply: Heated seat recommendations?