California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Jeff (arrrmand)

Old 02-21-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeff (arrrmand)

have u ever heard of this site??

www.ek9.org

i was bored and browsing around, then i found this site and the pic at the top is the pic that you took....
Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dammit....never heard of that site, but it's not like anyone ever bothers to ask me to use my pics anyway in the past. i do appreciate people who give me credit though when they quote pics on s2ki or put my pics in their sigs

good find, blue. go register now and lay the smack down on them
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM

jeff,

write them and demand a byline or payment

as a photographer it's your property, and they're stealing - so it's not out of the question that you receive one or both
Old 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM

send them a naked picture when making your demands they will be on their knees waiting to suck
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 PM

hahaha..yea, that was a trip. i was watchin some random video on youtube, find a link that says ek9.org i go there and see that pic. i'm like, "hmm...that pic looks familiar...hey wtf?!?! daz my car!!!"
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 PM

lol, you guys convinced me. i sent a polite e-mail to the forum owner...we'll see when he laughs @ me and spits it back in my face.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you still have proof its yours. you have other pictures from the shoot. so he cant really say anything.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:45 PM

LOL let us know what they say jeff
Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 AM

Wink

I wanna see Jeff 'em
Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 AM

here's the correspondence:

====================================
Hi,

I was referred to your site by the owner of the white ek9 that is on your site's banner. I'm flattered that my work has made its way to sites, but can I kindly ask you to please give me credit somewhere on the site if you intend to keep it as the banner of the site? Otherwise, I ask that you please remove it.

After all my shoots and edits, I purposely put a border on the picture with my e-mail address on it for instances like these where I'd appreciate people to contact me if they are using it in other ways than a private collection on their local hard drives; especially if the picture is resized/edited to erase my e-mail address.

If you need any proof of the ownership of my photography, please visit my album in the following URL where it is originally posted. http://www.phatkokracing.com/gallery/view_...esCivicTypeR713

Please let me know whether you can honor my request.

Kind regards,

Jeff

Hello i didn't know it was yours a friend of mine who is a designer resize it for me, just tell me what email or what you want me to put on the banner. Also if you want it removed. Let me know, sorry for any inconvinience.

Regards,

Rolando.

Rolando,

Thanks much for your understanding. In the past when this has happened before, I've had people laugh @ me and keep it up out of spite.

If you can please put somewhere (doesn't have to be big or centered in any way) that the photo was taken or copyrighted by **insertfullnamehere** (or **inserte-mailaddyhere**@gmail.com) that'd be perfect. If space allows, a link to my album would be great, but if putting the long url code ( http://www.phatkokracing.com/gallery/view_...ouseOfArrrmand) doesn't fit, then that's completely fine.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Hello, i have an idea, can you use photoshop? maybe we can put the copyright on the image, for me it's very difficult to insert text above or below the banner. Maybe if you have time, you can download the logo and add your copy right, you can sent it to me, and i will upload the new image to the webpage.

Let me know what you think.

Rolando.

Rolando,

Yes, that'd be perfect. I'll send it over to you when I have it complete.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Quick Reply: Jeff (arrrmand)