California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Just went live!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just went live!

First and foremost, I need to give it up to Ryan (forum member ryanmatic) for helping me out with this. This website has been over 6 months in the making, and he dealt with all my nit-picky BS.. since I AM a detailer .

Anyways, I can't even count, nor do I want to think about how many hours went in to the site. But it's finally complete.

Please check it out!

www.acdetailing.net

Please give comments/feedback.. it'd be much appreciated.

Vu, let me know if this violates anything I'll take it down no problem.

Aaron
Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 PM

I like the site, it's really simple w/ an elegant design.

I'm no website designer, but everything seems awesome besides some of the wording. Feel like the word "car" is used too often. Try replacing some with auto/automotive, etc, etc.

There were also a few other things in writing style that i felt could be cleaned up a bit. I'd put this "(short for Aaron's Custom Detailing)" in the "about us" rather than home page. But these are all minor details, overall i give a 99/100.

keep up the good job!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice website, but no s2k in the portfolio?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM

Website looks great Aaron!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ebchu,Oct 1 2009, 11:44 PM
nice website, but no s2k in the portfolio?
It's coming.. 2 of them.

From start to finish it takes about 2 hours minimum between me and ryan to get 8 pictures up and formatted for one car.

It's extremely time consuming.. I'm hoping to find time this weekend to upload some more cars. (s2k's... another NSX... 545i..)

No hard feelings s2ki'ers

Thanks for the comments!

Like I said.. I spent hours researching good flow-through designs, and Ryan helped me every step of the way.

Think of the website as a circle:

You start at the top of the page with the image, then you go go to the links, down to the description, then click on "about us" which leads to more about me, which also leads you right to the services page. Then you can go from the home page, right to the portfolio.

We spent days making sure you can access almost the entire website starting with just one click.. it's all about ease of use and that was my main objective.

Still, you hit right on the money: I was after simple and elegant.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 AM

nice website
Old 10-02-2009, 06:22 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I like the overall look. However I would change the dark colors to something brighter not like in brightness but something cheerier. Though the dark colors may look cool but the feel I get is not something I associate with detailing. Go with crisp colors. Add more images to the front page. I used to design websites back in the day.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:24 AM

I'm a web dev, and I do development/seo for a living -- I want you to be even more successful so here are some criticisms. Ignore em if you don't like it, otherwise if you're smart you'll take the criticism and make the site better

- I would suggest that on your light boxes you put more than just CAR ##, add some actual content if you can, it will help wonders with your SEO.
- Your e-mail is in plain text on the front page, you're going to get quite a bit of spam
- On #testimonials, transparent url(../img/png/polaroidPlain.png) no-repeat scroll left top -- Image is too short, needs to be about 20-25px longer.
- Not a huge fan of the tiny middle column, a bit restrictive I think, was this just a design limitation?
- Marketing and content. You need to put up informative sections. Sure you can tell people what you offer, but you aren't telling people why they need it. By doing this you're limiting yourself to people who know the basics of detailing as it is, which is a smaller client base than people who just want their car shiny.
- Blog blog blog blog blog, seriously. Start a blog for the site if you can, put something up that people can subscribe to. You want return visitors, it's hard to get someone to commit to a $200-$400 detail job from a couple pages on the net unless they know you. A blog will let you connect to the reader, stay connected, and shit -- Google ****ing loves blogs (SEO!).
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
I would suggest that on your light boxes you put more than just CAR ##, add some actual content if you can, it will help wonders with your SEO.
Good idea. Didn't even occur to me that Google would index those images. TY.

Originally Posted by danvuquoc
Blog blog blog blog blog, seriously. Start a blog for the site if you can, put something up that people can subscribe to. You want return visitors, it's hard to get someone to commit to a $200-$400 detail job from a couple pages on the net unless they know you. A blog will let you connect to the reader, stay connected, and shit -- Google ****ing loves blogs (SEO!)
That'd be an excellent next step, and I'd imagine that would allow Aaron to also talk a bit about how his approach is different for each car (hence the "custom" in the name). Again, thanks for the pointer. At least, for the time being, he's got a simple web presence to refer people to if they meet him in person but are on the fence about taking the plunge.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 AM

Right on

Quick Reply: Just went live!