California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Looking For A Shop For A New Stereo

Old 12-12-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Looking For A Shop For A New Stereo

How about a shop to install a new stereo, I called a couple(here in Sacramento) but they have not worked on any S2000's. I don't care to much about price(have a budget of $1700)and all I want is to be able to hear my radio at speed with the top down(its down 99% of the time). Don't need a sub in the trunk because I use ALL of my trunk when we take our long multiple week drives. So it's door speakers, amp and radio.

ROD
Old 12-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The place i used is "Sound Systems Plus" in San Jose, CA. They aren't personal friends, but they do good work and were the cheapest in the area. I can always make the introduction if you're interested.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sound Innovations in Union City has done numerous s2000s, including mine. My good friend, Junior, is the head installer and an award winning, perennial Top 100 installer in the US.

They do basic but high quality systems, as well as elaborate, high end setups in all kinds of vehicles, including classic, exotic, and luxury ones, for some of the most discerning customers around. Ernie is the owner and a great guy as well. Contact him and tell him your needs.

Last edited by Trustd_1; 12-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can go to City Car Radio in San Francisco on Pacific Ave and Van Ness. They worked on a few s2000, my friends and my S2000 and my previous cars. They have many classic to exotic cara with custom setup and fiberglass work as well also had cars in the Vegas Sema Auto show. I just got MB Quartz and Focal components installed. They have a budget for everyone for audiophiles!! I had Infinity, Rockford Fosgates, Diamond, Eclipse, Arc Audio, MB quartz and now Focal. They are an authorized dealer and warranties all their speakers from manufactured and a lifetime labor warranty. They only use very thick gauge Monster cable for wiring. You are free to listen to my sound setup. I need to go back to get one of Focal rear speaker installed. $1700 you probably can get a good decent powerful setup. My dual din head unit back then was already $2k. It all depends what you audio needs are. Even a pair of Focal can run easily $2k but I believe you want to be able to hear your audio top down very clearly. That can easily be solved! You are more than welcome to hear my sound system or my friends setup. Just PM your number if interested. Good luck
Old 12-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Replied to your Sacramento post:

--

Take a look at this stealth build or or this one by a shop in the Bay Area called Simplicity in Sound.

Again, if you want to listen to music, top down while driving freeway speed, you're gonna need more power.

Email them for a quote. I'm unsure if the build I linked is considered a basic one, but I was quoted $2500 for one.

That's definitely a build I want, subtle, attention to detail.

Good luck!
Alex
Old 12-13-2017, 08:58 AM

Thank's for the link's. I posted here because the Sacramento side doesn't get a lot of posts. I'll see if a shop can do speakers and head unit in one day, they should be able to do this as I can't have a sub in the trunk. We use all of our trunk when we travel so that makes the install much easier.
Those shops do some killer installs so my S should be a cake walk.

ROD
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The s2000 is a really easy car to do just a deck and speakers in yourself. If you're looking to get a system where you can hear it with the top down i recommend going with a good set of component speakers up front and using one of the Alpine power packs. It's a small amp that can install behind the radio or near the passenger foot well. It does not require any amp kit or additional wires to be ran. They make 2 models a universal one which i recommend getting because you can bridge the 4 channels down to two channels. I was a former Best Buy MECP installer and I have worked on a couple of s2000's If you need a hand with it I would be glad to help you out.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^ sound advice (no pun intended). All you need in an s2k is a quality set of component speakers, a decent head unit and a nice amp to drive them. I would also spend some $$$ on adding sound deadening to strategic areas in the doors. It makes a big difference. Then again, so does a quality installer.

I was prepared to go all out on my s2k, but unless you drive top up, esp with a hardtop the majority of the time, you reach a point of diminishing returns when setting up a system for a top down driven s2k.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hey rod, glad to see you around! is rolling audio still around in sacramento? they did a great job with Grimnebulin's s2000, and i believe they added speakers behind the headrests to help while top down.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by tekstar
hey rod, glad to see you around! is rolling audio still around in sacramento? they did a great job with Grimnebulin's s2000, and i believe they added speakers behind the headrests to help while top down.
I found Rolling Audio in Roseville, they say they have done more than 90 S2000's. I'll give them a shot ay Cindy's S, we just got back from a early morning drive around Lake Tahoe(to see the Sunrise) got down to 18*f but we dress for it. You know us, top down unless its to hot or wet.
Rolling Audio - Who We Are

We have to make it down to the Bay Area for another meet now that Cindy is getting stronger, hell she was the one who got me out of bed for this Tahoe drive(3:45 am). LOL

ROD