California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Need to know shops

Old 07-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know shops

I need your recommendation really badly for a shop that can make me a custom exhaust in the bay area AND a shop that can do a simple powder coating for my valve cover.

I will need to find a place to do these two things immediately so a prompt response would be extremely welcome!

Thanks,
Rashed
Old 07-15-2006, 09:03 PM

theres that new thread with all the shops on there check it out
Old 07-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Right, but I have no clue about the quality of their work and hence why I needed a recommendation. I don't want an exhaust made that is going to crack, be made completely incorrectly, or just piss poor quality.

Also I have not a clue what shop in that list does powdercoating. Does a body shop do that?

BTW, I'm fairly new to the California so forgive me if I'm clueless
Old 07-15-2006, 10:18 PM

Powder Coater

Vu has had a bunch of stuff done there. I had some motorcycle wheels powdercoated there. EXCELLENT quality... average pricing... average turnaround

I think you are in Santa Cruz though so you should try Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara first. They do great work too. They even fix sh!t for free that was not their fault... ask Asura!

Exhaust

This guy <Scott> is great, does lots of custom work for bikes and big blocks. Everything is heat bent though... not mandrel bent. You can even bring in your own muffler and he will weld the hangers. He put my S2000 muffler on my Accord, and has done both of my previous cars exhausts.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:23 PM

I need mandrel bended work.

I will try out Wheel Techniques...thanks for the info.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:45 PM

If you are looking into custom mandrel bent work... you are better off buying an exhaust. It will be cheaper.

Bluesaint is selling his Amuse single right now, but I think it is rather pricey for it's current state. Too bad you didn't talk to smile... he just sold his Amuse single for $1000!

I would say you are looking at AT LEAST $1500 for a custom mandrel bent exhaust. There is a lot of welding.

But good luck!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:49 PM

I currently have a 4" pipe but it wont work too well with CHP. I wanted a 3" with a stock-ish looking muffler instead.

There isn't that much welding involved and anyone charging $1500 for SS single muffler is stealing a lot of people's money
Old 07-15-2006, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guys at Turbohoses in Livermore used to do custom mandrel exhaust back when they were in San Ramon, so they might still be doing it.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:24 AM

if you go to Golden Auto on Bryant Street in the SF downtown area they can do Mandrel bent exhaust for you.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jul 15 2006, 11:02 PM
The guys at Turbohoses in Livermore used to do custom mandrel exhaust back when they were in San Ramon, so they might still be doing it.
The mandrel exhausts that Turbohoses did were done by my friend Ralph. And he doesn't work there. And he took his TIG welder as well. Hoover spent all of his money on a Dynojet with load capability instead. Tuning is where he wants to be, I guess. If you show enough cash, he'll call up Ralph (has done before)... but it has only been for titanium.

Quick Reply: Need to know shops