California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

OFFICIAL: NAPA Winery Tour @ Kendall-Jackson

Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OFFICIAL: NAPA Winery Tour @ Kendall-Jackson

The June 26th Napa Winery Tour will be hosted at Kendall-Jackson Oakville. It's about a mile north of Yountville if you are headed north on Highway 29. The sign out front says "Cardinale". There are 2 wineries on the same property but they are both owned by Kendall-Jackson. The Kendall-Jackson Oakville winery produces all the high end red wines for Kendall-Jackson (Stature, Highland Estates, Grand Reserve). The Cardinale Winery is one of Jess Jackson's boutique wineries. The 3 labels that are produced at Cardinale are Cardinale, Lokoya, and Atalon. All are red wines. The tasting room at Cardinale is set on a little hill that gives a great view of Napa. You can also check out the website...cardinale.com, lokoya.com, and atalon.com.

more information will be updated... including price of wine tasting(hopefully group discount) and a picture of winery
NOTE: I will need one person (AsianQing) who can help me out with the meeting location. Treasure Island might be the best

DRIVING TIPS:
Private Message (PM) me get my #. This is just in case you get lost, arrive late, have problems during the drive, etc... This should be a easy drive since it does not involve any city street driving or twisties. If for whatever reason you get lost on the freeway, call anyone of us and we can slow down for you to catch up.

2. Check tire pressure, fluids etc. the night before the drive. Even though we are not driving twisties.

3. Car problems, getting pulled over and other things prohibiting you to move forward. Again, do not panic. Call me, a member or wave down the next group following you.

4. Gas and bathroom. Be sure to fill up your tank before meeting. We can fill up somewhere in Napa. You should be fine with a full tank of gas since this is not a long drive.

5. Always put on hazards when you sense trouble ahead of you i.e. cops, sudden braking, car problems.

6. Do not bring attention to yourself or to the group. Doing donuts, over revving your engine at the parking lot, speeding on the freeway or driving in an unsafe manner will bring you and all of us down. Let's get through this safely!

7. Dont forget to bring $6.00 extra dollars for the toll fee ($3.00 each way)

Please drive responsibly. By joining the group drive you shall hold me and S2ki.com free from any responsibilities. You should also note that we will not be responsible for any speeding tickets, fix it tickets, damage caused to your car and or personal injury.

racer chick +1
RACER
VicS2k
Sugai
problem_child
Ben777
nVz2000
C-losAp1 +1
wineboy
CrazyPhuD
8D_In_Trunk
LittleRedS2k
AsianQing
faukengenius
cambos2k
dstanfield1977
gary_phd + 1
accordr33
Apollo355
BigMeanBull
AsianQing + 1
RACER (down like James Brown)

You must be age of 21 and over to participate in wine tasting.
everyone is welcome for the Drive
Old 05-24-2005, 05:02 PM

For those who live near Napa, here is the address of Kendall-Jackson Oakville:
7600 St. Helena Highway, Oakville, CA 94562

I need a confirmation from everyone on the list and other members who are interested in this meet. I apologize to those who cannot make it on June 26th. Maybe we will have another one sometime soon
Old 05-24-2005, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In!!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm in.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 PM

Since we all drive sportscar, and some of us are into racing, we MUST hit up Andretti Winery!!! The Andretti Winery is located in Napa, just a hop, skip and a jump off of Highway 29 on the way to Kendal Jackson. Andretti Winery

The Andretti winery has memorabilia of Mario and Michael Andretti, and of course, Andretti wine

We could eat lunch in between visiting the two winerys. I know all the hottest restaurants in the Napa Valley, some which are considered the best restaurants in the country.

If, after the end of the event, I know of an awesome road that will take you to highway 101. It starts about 10 miles North of Oakville. And I do mean awesome

Would like your input

Old 05-24-2005, 09:03 PM

im in, cant wait this should be a nice drive
im driving up from san mateo, if anybody want to drive up, to treasure island
Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 PM

I'll have to see if the wife and I can make this. We love the wine country, but my cousin is getting married the night before, and it's my B-day Friday. Not suer we can swing baby sitting 3 nights in a row.

Just what wines will be poured for us? That will probably be a huge factor if we go or not.

While I agree it's cool Andretti has a winery, I was really disapointed in the actual wines they are making. They are still a work in progress if you ask me.

There are tons of other winery's in the area that offer better tasting experiences.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 AM

woohoo!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=RACER,May 24 2005, 07:33 PM] Since we all drive sportscar, and some of us are into racing, we MUST hit up Andretti Winery!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 AM

On behalf of everyone, I'd like to thank Victor aka wineboy for offering us this great tour.

Please add if you are bringing a guest(s)

The updated list:
Sugai
Ben777
RACER (down like James Brown)
problem_child
C-losAp1 +1
faukengenius
cambos2k
CrazyPhuD
BigMeanBull
wineboy

waiting to be confirmed list:
racer chick +1
VicS2k
nVz2000
8D_In_Trunk
LittleRedS2k
AsianQing
dstanfield1977
gary_phd + 1
accordr33
Apollo355
AsianQing + 1

You must be age of 21 and over to participate in wine tasting.
everyone is welcome for the Drive

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: NAPA Winery Tour @ Kendall-Jackson