California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

surfboard fit with the top up

Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default surfboard fit with the top up

i know this has been asked a few times before, but am trying to figure out what the biggest surfboard size is that i can fit in the s with the top up (hardtop). does anyone ride a board short enough to fit in their car? any suggestions on how to measure/estimate? i've borrowed a few boards from friends to "test" fitment but the smallest one i've tried is a 6'2 which won't fit. i'm looking at getting a 5'6 so i can resume my daily surf addiction but want to be sure that it will fit in the car before i drop cash on it. thanks!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by evie
i know this has been asked a few times before, but am trying to figure out what the biggest surfboard size is that i can fit in the s with the top up (hardtop). does anyone ride a board short enough to fit in their car? any suggestions on how to measure/estimate? i've borrowed a few boards from friends to "test" fitment but the smallest one i've tried is a 6'2 which won't fit. i'm looking at getting a 5'6 so i can resume my daily surf addiction but want to be sure that it will fit in the car before i drop cash on it. thanks!
viviann!!

have you tried taking out the passenger seat? not sure if that would provide any more clearance.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM

eric, whats up! i thought about taking out the passenger seat but people do ride in my car sometimes .. actually mostly it's my dog. i was thinking that if i take out the seat then there wouldn't be anything supporting the board either.. not sure if that would cause dings or damage. other option is to get a second car.. or trade in the s.. not something i want to do!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent seen this before but Im sure its possible with some modifications, if youre willing - roof rack the HT!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM

Buy a rack to mount on the trunk (track junkies do this). I seen one on craiglist a while ago for cheap I believe.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM

I used to have these problems but then i just bought another car. I can actually fit things in the trunk now.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Buy a rack to mount on the trunk (track junkies do this). I seen one on craiglist a while ago for cheap I believe.
ADJUSTABLE WING!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong cuz I know nothing about surfboards but I would imagine a 6'2 guy would use one easily larger than a snowboard. A snowboard does not fit so no way you can fit a surfboard.

I really think if you want to do these large scale sports you need another car man....

Try taking up Ping Pong or bowling or some other sport that does not require large items
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by evie
Honestly, I would just go to a surf shop and tell them you are interested in buying board that fits your car. Park out front and begin fitting. That's the only way to know for sure.

If it were me, I'd just get the soft roof mounts and make it work on the trunk. Then just mount the board like a wing
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by s4play
Correct me if I'm wrong cuz I know nothing about surfboards but I would imagine a 6'2 guy would use one easily larger than a snowboard. A snowboard does not fit so no way you can fit a surfboard.

I really think if you want to do these large scale sports you need another car man....

Try taking up Ping Pong or bowling or some other sport that does not require large items
Lol. No way Rick. Surfing >> ping pong

Quick Reply: surfboard fit with the top up