California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Thanks Joey (S2000 maintenance)

Old 11-15-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Joey (S2000 maintenance)

A little background.

I'm on my third S2000 over a period of 12 years and I just don't have the time to tinker (or drive) my car like I used to. My job keeps me extremely busy and over the past year I've driven my S2000 a bit under 2000 miles.

Ive had my KWV3's for the past year and I haven't had time to install them.

The other night I finally got my lucky break and got some time off work. I could've put them on at home but these days time is of the essence. Based on the recommendation of the forums, I called up Joey for the first time(Sorry I don't remember your SN here). Joey had some free time the next night (about 830pm) so I made the 50 mile/1 hour drive up to his shop.

Let me start by saying that this trip was well worth it. I can see why Joey is spoken of so highly here. It's the professionalism and attention to detail that made Joey stick out.

I didn't have the bolts/nuts to attach the lower control arm. Joey told me don't worry about it, he had an extra set.

I had an extra set of OEM top hats, but the GC cup wasn't the right side so Joey ended up taking apart the OEM suspension to make it work.

I had him change the diff, tranny and brake fluid also. One of his techs got into my car to pump the brakes to drain the fluid. Before he got in, Joey asked him and made sure his hands were clean before he got into my car. Like I said, attention to detail. There were 2 other S2000's there and Joey juggled his time between the cars, making efficient use of his time (like working on the other cars while the fluids were draining). Nice meeting and chatting with you Andrew.

After everything was installed and all bolts were torqued to specs, he took my car out for a quick test drive to make sure everything was all good.

Once he got back and gave his thumbs up, he loaded my stock suspension in the trunk. He told me to be careful driving home because someone had dented their trunk when they hit a bump on the freeway (due to stock suspension bouncing up in the trunk) after lowering their car. He put a small towel over the stock suspension parts and wrapped them up. Again, attention to detail.

Based on what I've experienced, I've found a new go-to guy for those times when I just don't have time and I need to get things done right.

His prices were very fair and reasonable and well worth the quality of work.

Two thumbs up to Joey and his team. Thanks again!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Word. Great review. Totally described him and his work. I have great experiences every time i see him.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:02 AM

Agreed 100%
Old 11-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Joey's s2ki screen name is itS2Krazy. Very well said! Previous owner of my car went there. I always go there. Joey is very attention detailed because he's owned 3 s2000, two NSX's and has worked on at least well over 100+ s2000 so he knows the car inside out. Even Honda of Serramonte mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car, they spent three days and two unnecessary parts ordered. Joey took 3 minutes to figure it out. Joey is the BEST!!! Awesome service, awesome price, awesome friend, and awesome fellow s2000 owners there as well.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Joey is the man. He's so cool that these appreciation threads inevitably get shut down because of the contagious positivity within!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Always mad props to Joey for great service!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Joey's s2ki screen name is itS2Krazy. Very well said! Previous owner of my car went there. I always go there. Joey is very attention detailed because he's owned 3 s2000, two NSX's and has worked on at least well over 100+ s2000 so he knows the car inside out. Even Honda of Serramonte mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car, they spent three days and two unnecessary parts ordered. Joey took 3 minutes to figure it out. Joey is the BEST!!! Awesome service, awesome price, awesome friend, and awesome fellow s2000 owners there as well.

lol its2krazy is legendary
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 PM

Thumbs up for Joey. Always willing to help out a fellow s2ki member, I felt bad for having them work on my 2 s2k's last year until midnight. Can't forget about his awesome employees too
Old 11-18-2013, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Joey, always does great work!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm seeing joey tomorrow for my wife's car

Quick Reply: Thanks Joey (S2000 maintenance)