California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Time to get a front plate

Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to get a front plate

So I got a parking violation. In a residential area, right across from a house there is a street that wasn't painted. I missed the sign that said no parking. Me and my friends walked out to our car to see a cop sitting there. Trust me, they have nothing better to do. They should be sent to the shitty areas in the 510/415, but instead they sit around our harmless San Ramon with their fingers up their asses.

So one of the houses across the street called the cops because we were parking in the no parking zone. You might not understand, this was on an empty road at 10pm. No one was driving by and there was much more than enough room for 2 cars to fit by. There was a fire hydrant close by I guess, but the curb wasn't painted.

Seriously, who the **** would call the cops for this?

So the asshole cop checks everything out (doing his job), including my exhaust. "So wheres your front plate?" I guess not having the front plate on endangers the life of citizens.

So where is my front plate? The owner before me didn't have one and it looks tons better without it. I didn't bother putting it on because none of the cops I have driven by seem to care.

I am just pissed because that one person had to call the cops on our cars because we were parked in that zone. Get a life for christ sakes.

Acutally, does anyone know about this... on the ticket it says if I correct it the fine goes down to $10... does this mean I can just pay the full fine and not have to correct it? Anyone know?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:47 AM

you have to put on your plate, get it signed off, pay $10. AND THEN you can take if back off
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think cops like you either.

If someone called you in, maybe they had a good reason to? I don't know, theres always 2 sides to the story...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:11 PM

[QUOTE]you have to put on your plate, get it signed off, pay $10. AND THEN you can take if back off
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hamiy,Jul 20 2005, 02:11 PM
The cops said people call them whenever they see cars parked there that arn't normally there. So I guess when we went to our friends house they called the cops on our cars.
Ok well that's the neighbor's problem then. LEOs will respond if there is wierd stuff going on if they're not terribly busy.

In regards to your front license plate I'm going to go out on a limb and say that not having a front license plate is almost the same as not having a rear license plate. LEOs will run plates from the front as well and if they're feeling like it they'll ticket you for not having it. Imagine if you're trying to ID someone w/o a rear license plate, almost the same. I still don't think it's right to make a general statement such as calling cops assholes.

Having said that, I still don't have a front license plate mounted, simply cuz it makes the car look stupid IMO.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:16 PM

think it's right to make a general statement such as calling cops assholes.
Yeah sorry, I just got mad because he could have let me off and it would have made no difference. After I saw him outside at my car I walked down to talk to him. He could have just told me to move it?

Anyways its over and i'll pay the $35
Old 07-20-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adding my $.02.

So I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for my friend to show up with his truck and trailer to give my broken down car a ride home, and who shows up, but the police. Now take into account its 5:45 in the morning and I'm in dress slack and a polo shirt, so I'm not exactly dressed like a hoodlum. So as the police get out of their car, I step out of mine. Immediately the driver tells me to get back into the car. So I do. He then walks up to my windows and instead of asking if something is wrong, he asks for my license and registration. I give them to him and say at the same time, "I didn't realize I was being pulled over". Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a general dislike of the police, because I have relatives that are police officers...but give me a break.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jul 20 2005, 07:06 PM
Adding my $.02.

So I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for my friend to show up with his truck and trailer to give my broken down car a ride home, and who shows up, but the police. Now take into account its 5:45 in the morning and I'm in dress slack and a polo shirt, so I'm not exactly dressed like a hoodlum. So as the police get out of their car, I step out of mine. Immediately the driver tells me to get back into the car. So I do. He then walks up to my windows and instead of asking if something is wrong, he asks for my license and registration. I give them to him and say at the same time, "I didn't realize I was being pulled over". Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a general dislike of the police, because I have relatives that are police officers...but give me a break.
Your situation does suck, but in his defense for all he knows you could be some guy who had a date gone wrong coming home from a night out drinking/shooting up/whatever.

LEOs feel nervous and whatnot when folks get out of their car or do things BECAUSE a LEO is approaching them.

Whenever I get pulled (and with my luck, it's quite often), I always sit in my seat with both hands on the steering wheel and my keys in my hands or on the roof.

The idea is to make a LEO feel as comfortable/safe as possible, and getting out of a car, reaching for your wallet in your back pocket, or for your registration in your glove compartment surely does not help. Just listen to their instructions, and they'll be out of your face before you know it.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=DongTran,Jul 20 2005, 02:38 PM] Ok well that's the neighbor's problem then.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:38 AM

[QUOTE]AND THEN you can take if back off

Quick Reply: Time to get a front plate