California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Vynil Car Wrap. Thoughts and Recommendations?

Old 04-10-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wraps

I will try and go to the one in San Carlos as recommended. I want my hard top wrapped in black.

Unless someone on here can do it for a fraction of the cost. I do have the vinyl ready.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintS2000
I will try and go to the one in San Carlos as recommended. I want my hard top wrapped in black.

Unless someone on here can do it for a fraction of the cost. I do have the vinyl ready.

Use my guy. Way cheaper than any shop I've been quoted. Here is my hard top wrapped in 3m Dark gloss grey. I did it the "mugen" style with the black sides.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ipeefreely
Use my guy. Way cheaper than any shop I've been quoted. Here is my hard top wrapped in 3m Dark gloss grey. I did it the "mugen" style with the black sides.
Contact info would be great!

It'll be nice though if we can get an idea of the cost "openly", so none of us will get over charge. Hence, this will benefit us and their business as well.

BTW.... that's one nice ride you got!!!
Old 04-10-2018, 07:53 PM

Contact info would be great!

It'll be nice though if we can get an idea of the cost "openly", so none of us will get over charge. Hence, this will benefit us and their business as well.

Pm me. I'm not sure if he likes his info plastered on a forum wall. lol.

For wraps though, I don't think anyone should be spending over 2k on this car. It's small and while i wouldn't say it's "easy" to wrap, it's been around for a bit and worked on by a lot of people so it's not hard.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its against forum rules to post cost of services unless you're a vendor iirc.. to protect the paying vendors
Old 04-26-2018, 12:16 AM

Default Very Professional!

Hello....

I just had my OEM hard top wrapped by edspecR to satin black.

There are so many great things to say about Ed when I met him. But I'll just point three things out: First, he does this vinyl wrapping professionally. At first, before meeting him in person, I thought that he's just one of those guys that will be wrapping just for the heck of it or as an extra gig and this was not really his forte. But I was wrong, vinyl wrapping is something that Ed does skillfully and that in itself already says a lot. Second thing is his pricing. After he tells me the cost of the material and the labor, without hesitation I just said, "let's do it" cause I was like wow that's a steal. The funny thing was, I felt that it would be somehow inappropriate and embarrassing to even ask for a much better deal. And last but not the least, his character and attention to detail... Ed was very meticulous and from what I've observed, he's not one of those guys that will work fast just to get things done and over with. No, this guy's attention to detail's top-notch!

So having said this and just like ipeefreely, I am too highly recommending him without a doubt! Honestly you guys, he tells me he does not like the limelight or be the focus of attention. But sorry ED, I had to give credit where credit is due. So there!

Thanks - you guys!
The following users liked this post:
edspecR (12-15-2023)
Old 05-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Hello....

I just had my OEM hard top wrapped by edspecR to satin black.

There are so many great things to say about Ed when I met him. But I'll just point three things out: First, he does this vinyl wrapping professionally. At first, before meeting him in person, I thought that he's just one of those guys that will be wrapping just for the heck of it or as an extra gig and this was not really his forte. But I was wrong, vinyl wrapping is something that Ed does skillfully and that in itself already says a lot. Second thing is his pricing. After he tells me the cost of the material and the labor, without hesitation I just said, "let's do it" cause I was like wow that's a steal. The funny thing was, I felt that it would be somehow inappropriate and embarrassing to even ask for a much better deal. And last but not the least, his character and attention to detail... Ed was very meticulous and from what I've observed, he's not one of those guys that will work fast just to get things done and over with. No, this guy's attention to detail's top-notch!

So having said this and just like ipeefreely, I am too highly recommending him without a doubt! Honestly you guys, he tells me he does not like the limelight or be the focus of attention. But sorry ED, I had to give credit where credit is due. So there!

Thanks - you guys!

Glad it worked out man! Ed does great work! In fact, i just had him wrap my NSX.

The following users liked this post:
edspecR (05-03-2018)