S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   California - Bay Area S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-bay-area-s2000-owners-18/)
-   -   Will I get hassled by Cops if I Don't Use My Front License Plate? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-bay-area-s2000-owners-18/will-i-get-hassled-cops-if-i-dont-use-my-front-license-plate-196236/)

zigurat 04-02-2004 09:49 PM

Will I get hassled by Cops if I Don't Use My Front License Plate?

I just got my plates from the DMV, and fitted them onto the car. The front plate looks ugly! I'd like to take it off. I live in the East Bay, but am in San Francisco often. How likely am I to be stopped? What is the fine? Any help will be appreciated.

CrazyPhuD 04-02-2004 10:23 PM

You can be stopped and you can also be ticketed if you just park on the street without the front plate.....if you want to be legal but hate the look put it in the front window....but it can be an accident hazard if not secured properly.. SF is probably one of the more enforced locations but I don't know how often people get stopped...

faukengenius 04-02-2004 11:33 PM

It also depends where you park your car. If you're parking in an area that is notorious for meter tickets an such then chances are you'll get ticketed. I got pulled over several times and well last time I checked it's a fix ticket which you would get signed off by an officer and pay the $10 and everythings clear. If you keep you car as clean as I do you could use the "I just waxed my car officer and forgot to put it back on" it works most of the time. :LOL:

Ash 04-02-2004 11:50 PM

did you already take your dealer tag off? if you haven't ... do what I do... leave both plates off... :)

RACER 04-03-2004 12:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ash
did you already take your dealer tag off?

SuperDyu 04-03-2004 07:42 AM

Enzo's don't have front plates :( I doubt they get pulled over

VTEC_Junkie 04-04-2004 04:15 AM

i know for a fact that in san francisco, some DPTs are purposedly sent out for the sole purpose of ticketing cars with no front liscense plates. i've seen these guys at work. don't think they're just out there during the day time. i've seen them driving by cars looking for no plates at 1am in the morning.

boostd4 04-04-2004 07:05 PM

Really depends..I haven't had any plates on any of my cars for the past 10 years. I got pulled over for my headlights when I had my Integra...cop went to the front to write down the plate...didn't see one and went to the back. Not a word was said about it.

Currently I live across the street from a Police station...I see a cop pretty much every time I leave...they never give me a second look...other than to admire the car :D .

Dizings2k 04-04-2004 07:13 PM

How do you not have a plate at all on the car??? Hows that work?

S2KHardTop 04-05-2004 02:23 PM

ive had my car for almost 3 years...havent had a problem yet...