California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

A Great Group of People

Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Great Group of People

Just toodling 'round the internet and was thinking about the S2000 group.
You know, this is really a great group of people and it bums me that we don't do more things together. I can honestly say I have never met a nicer group of people. Barbara and I both talk about what a nice, like-spirited group the S2000 people are. We brag about you all often and miss all of you immensely.
We are both so glad we joined the group when we did. From the Great America trip on, we have both had so much fun and companionship. I'm so glad that I contacted Elk Grove Honda while looking for my S.
Whether you know it or not, you are all a special group of people and are much appreciated in our hearts!!
The spirit of the S2000 calls to those who yearn for something deeper. I can only appologize for not being a better contributor.

For those of you who did not receive my 2004 Christmas card, here's my ode to the S2000 in haiku:

Spirit brought to life
a touch...half past takes to flight
ruby sky at nine

I wrote this in an attempt to combine my mid-life crisis with the joy of finding so much enjoyment and harmony with the power and control of the Honda sportscar and the people associated with it.
For those who are poetically challenged, a haiku is a Japanese poem (usually) with 17 sylables: 5, 7 and 5, with a connection and multiple meanings between and within each line. This is my first atempt at poetry, especially a haiku, but I was inspired by both the S and the group it's attached to.

In hopes that you relate, here's my personal definition.
"Spirit brought to life" is the joy and excitement of finding new things and people through the experience of life (and especially the S2000) as well as the excitement of 240 horses and and the feeling of pushing the pedal to the floor.
"A touch...half past takes to fiight" ... Those of us beyond 30 something (O.K.... middle aged) know how special human contact can be. Yes, we do tend to "soar" when physical contact is initiated. In S2000 terms, half past refers to that overwhelming rush beyond VTEC (picture the jump into hyper drive in the Milenium Falcon).
"Ruby sky at nine" in human terms refers to the realization that we are heading for the twilight of our days / lives. In S2000 terms, ruby sky at nine is redline at 9,000 RPMs (nothing like the picture of all bars of the tach lit up).

Those of you who are newer members, understand that there is something special about those of us that are drawn by the lure of the S. It's not about the steel, aluminum, and titanium, or the 240 horses of naturally aspirated power, or the song of 9,000 RPMs, but rather the spirit and like mindedness of what brings us all together.

Know in your soul that we are connected in ways that can't be explained... as for me, I'm glad I found the connection.

Sincerely,
Corey
Old 02-19-2005, 08:20 AM

Thats a nice complement, I went for a group drive for the first time. and it was good fun. we try to plan get togethers, and drives whenever possible. so keep checking back.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:02 AM

Corey,
Thanks very much for your generous and kind words.... I couldnt agree with you more! The S is a supercar and I am happy I own one and have met some very nice people here and look forward to meeting you...perhaps see you at one of our activities/group rides in the near future!
Old 02-19-2005, 01:49 PM

XOXOXOXO, Corey! Can't wait to see you and Barb again!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was very nice Corey, thanks for sharing it.

Jonathan
Old 02-21-2005, 02:43 PM

Dito Corey,

Glenn & I feel the same way...
thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Old 02-22-2005, 09:39 AM

Scott and I agree that the car may have brought us all together but we have gained great friends for life regardless of the S!! We love our S2000 family and can't wait til we get together again.
Love you guys
Old 02-23-2005, 07:03 PM

AHHHHH Feel the love again and again and again. Everyone in/and past in our group are fantastic people and we enjoy everyones company in or out of club functions. Corey you should have that printed up and put on a memory wall at Tiki Lagoon (maybe Blair can start one before to many more sell the car). Anyway I couldn't have said things any better. Love everyone.