California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Sac2kDays...The Drive

Old 05-14-2002, 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The excitement is building!!! The concept we have is to keep this weekend affordable for all involved. You can pick and choose which part of the weekend you want to enjoy with us...there are no strings attatched. Of course, we want you all to participate in the whole weekend with us...we think we've put together a winning formula that will make you want to attend as well. Here's the driving part of the weekend.

Saturday Morning, we all meet at Elk Grove Honda for the breakfast, the details of which are outlined here.

Immediately following that, we will drive together up to Kirkwood through some awesome twisty roads with some of the best scenery this state has to offer. We will be eating lunch at a place in Kirkwood...Blair is working out the details on that. He knows of a great place that can accomodate a huge group of people, and it's not going to be pricey, but it will be nice. From there, it is onto the east-side of the lake, and up over Mt. Rose-a great pass through the high Sierrras with some good twisties meant for cars like ours-and down into Reno for our night at the Hilton. Reno is our Party time, we can do whatever we feel like doing there.

Sunday morning, we will head back up to Tahoe, and drive the West side of the lake to see some breathtaking scenery while carving up some of the best twisty roads I've ever had the pleasure to drive. We will stop for lunch at the Sunnyside Cafe on the Waterfront. Blair is handling this lunch as well...you're the man, Blair!! Our drive will eventually lead us through beautiful Emerald Bay. At some point during this drive, we will be hooking up with a local professional photographer I am working with. He will take care of getting permits and selecting a location. He will then group us together and take some spectacular photos of our "AAHSUM" machines with Lake Tahoe and/or the High Sierras as a backdrop. These high-quality pictures will be offered to all of us to purchase as lifetime reminders of this awesome event. He does awesome work...I can link you to his site if you wish.

After that, we are planning on attending an Open House event at Comptech. This is still in the works...they haven't commited, but they haven't said "no" yet. I will know on Thursday if they will host us or not. Now all that's left to do is coordinate the weekend with Krazik and Greg Stevens so that the Thunderhill people may stay at the Sheraton before driving up to Tahoe with us. What do you all think? I know I can't wait to see you all there!!

P.S. Those of you who are concerned with June being hot here, Tahoe is perfect in the summer. It's a lot cooler up there than it is in the valley. You will be glad you came.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Station,
Thanks for the acknowledgement
the "AAHSUM" machines part.........yep that is what our cars are
Tim and I are in, sounds like a good drive. So, we stay in Reno then down to Tahoe? I thought the plan was to stay in Tahoe?
No biggie here, we're with you where ever you go. Can't wait!!!
IS IT JUNE YET?
the photographer idea is great.........love it.
Camille
Old 05-15-2002, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Camille,

I thought you'd like that.
Actually, I started another thread with details of our drive. We will be going through Tahoe first and then onto Reno to stay the night, and then back through the rest of Tahoe the next day.
Thanks for the nice comments about the photographer. I'm looking forward to that as well!! See you there!!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope everyone will still attend one or both track days at Thunderhill. I don't see any mention of this in the local chapter's discussion of sac2kdays. To sign up for the driver's education or S2000 Challenge, go to www.speedventures.net.

Or give me a call or email:

Aaron Bitterman
323-707-6267
aaron@speedventures.net
Old 05-15-2002, 08:45 AM

I know it appears that our local group is ignoring Thunderhill but that is far from the truth, we are working with Krazik to coordinate thunderhill and our ride and drive. We want everyone to particiapate in any or all weekend activities with no financial obligation! ( if they want) My local group is excited to be able host this event and hope we have a huge turnout! The only reason for all this work is to celebrate this wonderful vehicle we all have and to meet other owners and share their excitement! It's sad that after all the work that the national organization did and for not! We are looking forward to meeting any and all of you that decide to come here. you will not be disappointed! If any of you from out of state have any special requests , please forward them to us and we'll have an answer! Blair
Old 05-15-2002, 03:11 PM

There are at least 3 cars/6 people from the Seattle area who will be at the Thunderhill track days.

I think I can speak for all of us to say that we're a little confused about what's happening, but we're interested in meeting more cool people and at least some us will participate in some of the activities that are being planned. A drive to Lake Tahoe sounds pretty good to me, but logistical issues may keep us from staying over night there; instead we might return to Sacramento or Willows (we're still trying to figure out what to do about hotels). The Comptech open house sounds good, too.

Keep us posted, and maybe start a new thread and publicize it when more details are nailed down.

Thanks for organizing this,

Ted
Old 05-15-2002, 03:58 PM

Tedster, I hope you all make it! We will be updating everthing tomorrow morning but the drive and breakfast and lunch in Kirkwood is all set as well as accomadations for that saturday night. Keep watching the Sacramento club forums for all the particulars! See ya soon!! Blair
Old 05-15-2002, 04:11 PM

Blair,

krazik never tells me anything. He's taking an "Interpersonal Communications" night class at Santa Cruz City Polytechnic. So, he's working on it.

I can't wait to see a full schedule of events. So far it sounds great. Thanks.

dt
Old 05-15-2002, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by desert tortoise
[B]Blair,

krazik never tells me anything.