California - Central California & Sacramento Central California & Sacramento S2000 Owners

Visitors from across the pond

Old 10-18-2010, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visitors from across the pond

A couple of years ago my wife and I visited the USA for the first time touring New England in the Fall by motor-home, or should that be RV? We absolutely loved the the people and that part of the USA. We were helped greatly by members of the GoldWing Club in the states being GoldWingers at the time. Sadly the Wing has gone but we're pleased to be the proud owners of an S2000. Next year we want to visit the West side including Yosemite National Park and The Grand Canyon along with anywhere else that is recommended. We plan to visit in June for 3 wks. Before we hired an RV from Cruise America but we were not impressed with them at all. My questions are ............

Is there a more reliable RV hire company around the San Francisco area which is where we will fly to.
What other areas should we consider visiting being lovers of scenery and not cities.
Is this a reasonable itinerary for a 3 week tour not wanting to be on the road all the time.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS Not sure if I've got the right area forum.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Well there is alot to see in califorina.depends on what you wana see history,art,nature.

san fran has the golden gate bridge,alcatras island
sacramento the capital
yosemitie is up north realy beautiful.and there is sequaia beautiful too
there is a highway called the pacfic coast high.beautiful drive and lots to see.cliffs, bridges,historic light houses.restaraunts.so much.

i happen to love pismo beach .the area and the beach, there is the dunes you can rent dune buggies or quads to ride in or take tours or tours by boats to see wild life. there is soo much to see.if you be more pasific on what you and your family injoys or things they wana see im sure some pep will chimm in and tell you things.
iv been up and down the west coast and seen alot my family has always been big on seeing new things and showing us the sites.I could help you and tell you more or give you info .
ps sorry if you dont understand my tipeing or spelling not my best subject.
thanks KC
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 AM

Thanks KC for your suggestions. It looks as if we'll be travelling South on Highway 1 for a while then cutting across to the Grand Canyon then returning hopefully via an Indian Reservation to the Sequoia National Park and the Yosemite National Park a round trip of around 1,500mls.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:27 PM

o thats good well i hope you and your family injoys them selfes here in our area.its very beautiful in some places and im sure your gona see the good stuff.
be sure and take lots of pics
KC
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM

there!

What a venture!

Down south on the 1?
You're going to have beautiful drive past Monterey Bay, Hearst Castle, Morrow Bay, Santa Barbara, Ventura County.
There can be some great family events and activities in Santa Barbara. It's a lovely city.
Since you're going all the way to Southern California, will you be stopping by at Disneyland or California Adventures?

And if you're interested in seeing some s2000's in Southern California. Every other Friday, there is a crew that always meets up. Easily 20-25 s2000's minimum every time.

Hope you have a spectacular trip and awesome time in California.

Cliff