California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

****Updated news for S2ki.com****

Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ****Updated news for S2ki.com****

Remember, this thread is not designed to be crapped on. I'm only the messenger.

The following is a list of all browsers we support on S2KI.com. If you are using a browser that is not on this list then you should expect to experience some problems accessing and viewing this website.

Those problems can range from minor display issues to complete crap. We don't test changes to the design or the scripts on any other browsers than those listed here. Your milage may vary if you choose a different browser or version.
[list][*] Internet Explorer 7 and above *[*] Firefox (Gecko) 3.5 and above[*] Safari (Webkit) 4.0 and above[*] Chrome (Webkit) 4.0 and above

* yes, that means IE 6 is NOT supported.

For all browsers listed above we recommend the following settings to ensure proper operation:

Accept cookies

You will not be able to login to your account or do anything which carries from one page to the next unless cookies are enabled in your settings. You can and should disable accepting 3rd party cookies. We do not use them and they pose a security and privacy risk. It is possible to disable cookies and still view the site but only in a limited fashion. Don't expect much if you choose to disable cookies.

We use cookies to maintain a "session" for the length of your visit. We also use them to log you back in to the site automatically when you return should you choose to do that. We DO NOT use cookies to store personal or confidential information about you. Our cookies contain nothing but random generated "keys" we use to connect successive requests to our servers by your browser into a session. This is standard practice and without it the web as we know it wouldn't work.

Allow Javascript

We require your browser to run Javascript to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Some features are only available with Javascript enabled so if you are running with it disabled you can expect limited and/or less than optimal and/or no functionality. Please make sure it is enabled. We work hard to make the site fun and efficient to use but it's all for nothing if you choose not to take advantage of it.

Javascript running in your browser cannot access files or data stored on your computer. We use it to provide a pleasant, powerful and efficient visual user interface to the site when simple HTML and CSS doesn't do what we want without additional help.

Required Plugins

We do not require any plugins (like Flash) however some linked or user contributed content may employ such plugins. The downside of not having a plugin required to view some content is not seeing the content. It will not affect your ability to use the site.

Note on Ad Blockers

If you use an "ad blocker" browser plugin such as AdBlockPlus (ABP) or one that comes with your firewall/security package we recommend disabling it for s2ki.com. Ads help support the work we do and we depend on advertising revenue to pay the bills and ourselves. If you would rather not have advertising on the site then we encourage you to become a Gold Member which removes all of the 3rd party advertising without disrupting the proper function and layout of the site.

If you choose to employ ad-blocking software then any problems encounter while browsing the site are your own. The only fix is to disable it for s2ki.com. Blockers operate by scanning the page source for "trigger text" which indicates possible advertising and rewriting it to remove that text. Words such as "banner" or "ad" or "ads" will trip the blocker into hacking the page source with a meat cleaver to remove what it thinks is advertising, whether it is or not.

We only take responsibility for the HTML and scripts delivered from our servers, not what ends up in your browser after your inline filters have monkey'ed with it. The same applies to any other browser plugins you install and use which alter the pages and scripts as delivered from our servers. If you have problems, disable those plugins BEFORE reporting it as a problem to us.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Community Organizer

Following the software change this past weekend we have been experiencing a LOT of issues which is somewhat expected. I'm going to try to list those somewhat in the order of priority and explain what we are doing to resolve them.

Performance. It sucks big time. The web server is getting slammed to the point of unconsciousness due to some processing activity we have not identified yet. This is a major problem and it's the one we are working on immediately. Until we identify the problem I have disabled access to the site for pretty much everyone, sorry, so there is enough horsepower left in the machine to figure out what the problem is.

Private Messages. Some are missing (after Nov 23 2010). They did not get imported into the new system because they came from an old backup somehow. To fix the problem I will be reimporting all the PMs and reconverting them to the new version. This means wiping out all the PMs in the production database so we have disabled PMs until we get them reimported, later today or ASAP.

Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.

I'm sorry that things have become a little wobbly but those problems will be fixed in short order. The benefits offered by the new software will far outweigh the immediate pain of the transition (not called disruptive for nothing!) but we need your patience for a few days to get everything resolved.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Community Organizer

Its going to takes months and months to perfect this site as it was before. Owners are working 24/7 to make it better for us. Hang on tight. My eyes are bleeding like yours, but I have faith its going to be good and "more" old school when its done.

BC
Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Remember, this thread is not designed to be crapped on. I'm only the messenger.

AdBlockPlus is working great. No problems whatsoever. Run with confidence.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike! I am sure this is not fun to implement and debug. In fact, I am sure it is a major pain in the a**.

Any word on the Gallery? I only have 5 images from before. Just curious. No rush.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bert05GPW

AdBlockPlus is working great. No problems whatsoever. Run with confidence.
Working fine for me as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 PM

adblock plus works well on Chrome. But are there any ads on this new s2ki yet? I didn't see any
Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Who the heck is still using IE6?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by S2K_Ryan
Who the heck is still using IE6?
My work.

Originally Posted by BC
Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.
Hopefully it will be changed to the original style.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vilstar
Hopefully it will be changed to the original style.

Welllll....maybe with a LITTLE nip, tuck, collagen and botox upgrade....

Quick Reply: ****Updated news for S2ki.com****