California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Is American Idol???

Old 03-02-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is American Idol???

Is American Idol making a complete mockery of William Hung? Is the entire U.S. mocking him or do they really like him? He has had an offer to make a record, but only to mock him?

It seems that he is so hilariously awkward that America likes him because he is so much fun to laugh at. I think it is sad that his fame has been achieved through national mockery. This reminds me of highschool where someone becomes popular because they are so dorky and fun to laugh at. But then again, maybe America loves him because he has a genuine heart.

Ryan
Old 03-02-2004, 10:01 AM
J.T

I think it's alittle bit of both. I actually like him because he has a genuine heart, you could tell when he first auditioned that he was, should I say , innocent.

Then again you know most people are just laughing at him, you can see half the people in the crowd last nite laughing. It's just sad, but he tried and had the guts to get up and perform in front of the judges and everyone else now.

At least it looks like he's having fun with all the attention and I hope he's making lots of $$$ along with it. I'm happy for the guy. It's just most of America that I'm worried about, like the part that has to make fun of a person because he modifys his car to his liking...
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked him, and we had an American Idol Party at my house last night, to support him.

Williamhung.net

BC
Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by Back-cracker
I liked him, and we had an American Idol Party at my house last night, to support him.

Williamhung.net

BC
When William was performing on stage, I thought of you!!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OverBooster
Is American Idol making a complete mockery of William Hung?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:39 PM

i think it is great. frankly there is no normal way he would ever get his fame for singing but if he can take advantage of this and get paid i say great for him. I would be the butt end of america's joke if it meant i got paid and didnt have to work nearly as hard anymore.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, yeah, if a grad student can make a little cash and buy a new car or something, more power to him. Watch out for William, he may some day discover the cure for cancer or the way to travel at light speed or something.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:43 PM

I think my wife is gonna try out this year... we have been watching the show for a little bit and to tell you the truth.. even people that made it into the show have bad talent! its crazy!
Old 03-02-2004, 04:27 PM

Either way, I wonder if he even really cares? I mean maybe he is used to some people being a little mean, so heck he can not get mad cash out of this odd situation. I think it is going to be very short lived.

- Jerry
Old 03-02-2004, 09:08 PM

that guy is funny but he does have some balls to get up there on stage and performs what he got
i cant do it i meant im so shy and people shouldnt make fun of things like that
it is because he cant sing well that doesnt mean that he cant be confident in his life....
but sometimes when i see him on TV or looking at things about him online
american society makes him look kinda stupid
i meant americans they are highly obssesed with one's looking they often judge people with their appearance a lot i meant a lot more than any other countries.
maybe the fact that he isnt great looking and being confident in what he wants to do makes american laugh because if some good looking guy did the samething
they woudlnt be interested as much as they are with william
cuz american often try to believe that whoever are good looking should be treated better than those who they dont think they are good looking,,,

Quick Reply: Is American Idol???