California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Any Bride Stradia II owners around torrance?

Old 02-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Any Bride Stradia II owners around torrance?

Hello Socal owners,

I recently sold my Bride Vios 3 cause I was getting tired of getting in and out of the high bolsters (maybe I am getting too old ) and been debating on getting the Stradias cause I can't stand the stock seats.
I personally would like to sit in them before purchasing so I was wondering if there was anyone around the torrance area that wouldn't mind letting me sit in their seats to try them out.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

i have a pair in my car but i'm in the irvine and cypress areas. hit me up if you're planning to be in either of those areas and we can meet up. I don't drive the car everyday so we'd need to plan ahead.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
i have a pair in my car but i'm in the irvine and cypress areas. hit me up if you're planning to be in either of those areas and we can meet up. I don't drive the car everyday we'd need to plan ahead.
Hey. Thanks for the offer.
I don't really go down to the Irvine area but I may have to if no one else close by has them. I will definitely contact you ahead of time if I will be in the area.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:45 PM

No problem. I personally love them. They definitely hold like a bucket seat and the seating position is nice and low but the padding is on the thinner side, so if you're used to bucket seats like the Recaro SPG or Pole Position, it might feel less plush than you're expecting. I personally don't like my seats to feel overly padded so I don't mind the Stradia's thinner padding at all.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:55 AM

Yeah, that's what I am kind of looking for. I have stopped doing any kind of hard driving on the S2000 in the past years so I didn't really have a need for high bolsters anymore.
I installed the stock seats and drove it 2x so far and I just can't do it. After having a bucket seat for like 7 years, the stock seats just feels slippery and way too high and I can't get myself in a comfortable position to drive.

I went from a SPG to a Vios 3 and did notice the lack of padding on the Vios compared to SPG but didn't really bother me one bit. I've also been debating on pole positions / RSG also because even though they are full buckets, they don't have as high of a bolster as the brides do.
The one thing making me lean more towards the Stradia is the fact that since it is a reclinable (not that it matters much to me), not having to bother having the loop the seat belt through the holes is less hassle when getting in too I feel like.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:17 AM

Yeah not having to worry about seat belts is definitely a big deal. Besides seat belts, the only other issue i have with pole positions is the lack of rail options. Buddy club rails are horrible and every other rail will make them sit too high. I ended up making a custom set of OEM rails for my last set of pole positions but it was a lot of work.

RSG on Recaro japan rails is a great setup, highly recommended if you want a fixed back setup.

I've run pole positions twice before and, while they were very nice seats, i ended up selling them both times because i would inevitably get sick of the back angle. I just needed a few degrees more recline on the back so reclinables were the ticket for me. Any other reclinable feels like you're sitting on top of the seat rather than in it. Bride's "low down" seating position makes you sit nice and low and holds you very well. Bride's rails are very nice too. Stradia/Gias use Bride's special rails so you only have 1 option, but their rails are solid. And my recommendation for anyone looking at Stradia/Gias is to get the low cushion option so your knees aren't forced upwards by the angle of the standard cushion.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:10 AM

Thanks for taking the time again to reply to me on your experiences lol.

Rail option was definitely one of the reasons why I was kinda hesitant on pulling the trigger on pole positions. I am not a fan of the BC rails and would never run them. I had bride FG rails on my Vios and the quality of them was just much better than the BCs.
Friend of mine has the FG rails on his ASM ruby (which is based on RSG I believe) and the seats felt great but I'm just not 100% sold on getting another fixed seat yet. The Stradia is looking good the more I see it and looks like it should've came on the S2000 from factory that way.

I'm a rather short guy with short legs so I also need to make sure I can reach the pedals with w/e seat + rail I get
Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 AM

i am 5'-7" and still have room to move the seat more forward so you will probably be fine unless you are under 5'-0"!
Old 02-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the stradia's but they're weathered and beaten. Might not be the best gauge since they're at least 8 years old and I'm also 6"1 @ 165 lbs so there is a lot of rubbing that happens when I get in and out of that lol. There is very little padding left on it and has definitely been used to purpose over those years but if it's to gauge it, you're more than welcome to.

I live in chino/pomona area but I work in cerritos and frequent Rowland hts during the weekday. I usually bring the S to work on Saturday's to wash it if you're interested.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
i am 5'-7" and still have room to move the seat more forward so you will probably be fine unless you are under 5'-0"!
I am 5'-4" so maybe should be good then. Really leaning towards stradia more than the other seats lol.
Originally Posted by eight
I have the stradia's but they're weathered and beaten. Might not be the best gauge since they're at least 8 years old and I'm also 6"1 @ 165 lbs so there is a lot of rubbing that happens when I get in and out of that lol. There is very little padding left on it and has definitely been used to purpose over those years but if it's to gauge it, you're more than welcome to.

I live in chino/pomona area but I work in cerritos and frequent Rowland hts during the weekday. I usually bring the S to work on Saturday's to wash it if you're interested.
Hey. Thanks for the offer. Stradia for 8 years? How bad has the bolster been over time by rubbing in and out lol. Mine isn't really a DD but i'm just curious.

Quick Reply: Any Bride Stradia II owners around torrance?