California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anyone have experience with DIY valve adjustment?

Old 06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
KLN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with DIY valve adjustment?

I have just gone over 60,000 miles on my '00 S2000 and I would like to do a valve adjusment. I've never done a valve adjustment in my life so if anyone local has any experience doing a valve adjustment themselves, their help would be appriciated. I've read the D-I-Y post that is on the forums but I think i would prefer to have someone with me who has done it before to guide me through it.

I don't feel safe taking it to a dealer since people say that a valve adjustment is a time consuming job where you have to have patience and adjust each valve within stock specs. I don't beleive a dealership will take the time to do it right and i would feel much better knowing that each valve is within specs by doing it myself.

So, if anyone is in the OC area and would like to help me for a day, just PM me and let me know what days you are free so we can set up a day to get this job done. If more people are interested I have a garage that can fit two cars and we can kind of have a valve adjustment day...

Thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 12:15 PM

did ur CEL come on.. is that why u r doing a valve adjustment cause it is causin misfiring??

i took mine to honda.. and they did an excellent job.. my idle stayed at 1k and didnt drop from that point on.. i would recommend takin to penske honda.. even though a lil exspensive.. but they really have an excellent service department.. thats the only place i would take it locally..
Old 06-07-2004, 12:30 PM
KLN

No, I have no CEL or any other sort of problem.

I just wanted to do a valve adjustment to make sure all the valves are within stock specs. I know that the manual recommends a valve adjustment at around 90k miles, but I've seen a lot of people do them way before that kind of mileage and found some valves out of spec.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by KLN
No, I have no CEL or any other sort of problem.

I just wanted to do a valve adjustment to make sure all the valves are within stock specs. I know that the manual recommends a valve adjustment at around 90k miles, but I've seen a lot of people do them way before that kind of mileage and found some valves out of spec.

yea.. i know what u mean.. i got my valve adjustment done at penske for around $180.00.. locally for me.. i think they do great work.. considering i'm not really close to much =I