California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Car is keyed everywhere

Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is keyed everywhere

Hey guys,

So you may remember me as the guy who almost got his car stolen a while back:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/880...#entry20742228

I walk out of my house this morning to start heading to school, and I see this..

Filed a police report but that probably won't do anything, UC Irvine PD and their CSI unit came and did fingerprints with my previous incident in Irvine and I never head back from them. Talking with insurance companies now.. Be careful out there guys, the one day I let my brother take the garage space and this happens. What happened to integrity and honor? It's like a lost term in this day and age smh. I've never done anyone wrong to deserve this and that's the tough part. My s2k's been through so much, I feel like it's almost cursed with everything that's happened to it. Will probably have to repaint the whole car, anybody been through something similar and know how much everything might come out to?

UPDATE

So it's been a while but I did want to make a quick update. I've been real slammed with work so didn't have time to go on S2Ki too much but better late than never! I finally got my S back from the body/paintshop (DTMAUTOBODY) a little while back and was able get everything repainted through insurance except for the front bumper, door handles, and side mirrors. I did end up getting the door handles painted as well and the hardtop while I was at it. I've gotta say, DTMAUTOBODY definitely did a great job and the hospitality I received from the guys there (shoutout to Leland and Antonio aka ValleyBoy) was priceless. They buffed the front bumper as much as they could so it could be color matched with the rest of the car and not stand out too much, it still kinda does in person but that's not their fault. I checked out a couple other body shops but they were the only ones I really trusted with my S in regards to the paint and not messing it up. Everything looks immaculate, and my favorite part has to be the painted hardtop as I left the sides alone to show the carbon fiber. I don't have too many good photos of the new paint, but here are some quick iPhone/Instagram pictures lol.

In the shop

The result

I couldn't be happier with the result, now I'm garaging my car at all times and also invested in the Blackvue Dash Cam + Power Magic Pro. Once again, much love to DTMAUTOBODY and make sure to hit them up if you guys ever need anything. They're a class act and will definitely take care of you
Old 05-22-2013, 04:22 PM

That sucks man. Hope you have good insurance. Most insurances will cover vandalism and will reprint the car and you'll just have to pay your deductible
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM

This is really heart breaking. My goes out to you, bro.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's got to be someone who know you. This is not the random punks who vandalize. Where you work? school, cut someone off
or could be someone in the neighborhood.

sorry to see that happen. Good paint shop will make it like new.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

That's truly awful.

Ever consider a dash cam with motion sensor to keep an eye on your car? A $300 investment in a nice camera with a hardwired in power source (one that turns off when your car battery gets low) is way less than the cost of the inconvenience, heartache, hassles of dealing with insurance and the cost of the paint job.

Oh... I honestly just groaned when I saw those pictures. So sad. And sometimes it has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything you did anywhere. Just vandals who randomly decide to target a car that just happens to be conveniently available.

PS I know where you can get a nice cam...
Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Wow this is horrible. It's not that the police won't do anything, it's just the lack of evidence they have to work with. As already suggested, invest in some security.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 PM

I had a minor version of this and I was more disappointed with the local youth than anything.

Yours is worse. Sorry to see this happen.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang that sucks dude. Sorry to see that. I'd agree on the dash cam or maybe one in front of your house since you're being targeted it seems like.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Been there and mine was from ignorant skin heads. Let me know how I can help I work for DTM autobody and you wont be sorry with our repairs.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Daim bro sucks to see, this I never park my s outside bcuz of this, you got some haters or enemies to look for

Quick Reply: Car is keyed everywhere