California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Car Repair, Insurance, blah blah

Old 08-15-2004, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Car Repair, Insurance, blah blah

as some of you guys know my car was hit at the pv parking structure this afternoon.

i have the other drivers information (car, insurance, driver lic, contact info, etc) and wanted to ask the about the procedures on getting this taken care of. i'm going to take my car to scott robinson honda collision repair body shop on sepulveda/crenshaw, in torrance, tomorrow to get an estimate.

this is the first time im having to deal w/ something like this so can ya guys chime in and tell me what to expect as far as the paperwork and procedures goes?

will the shop want the other persons insurance information so that they can bill them, or will i have to fork up the money and have the insurance company pay me back?

thanks in advance guys.

-jimmy
Old 08-15-2004, 08:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jimmy-

You can directly call your agent and give them the other party's insurance info. Your insurance company should be able to collect from the other party so that you can get your car fixed ASAP.

Jay
Old 08-15-2004, 08:50 PM

You can contact your insurance company or his. Chances are he will report the claim tomorrow and they will contact you shortly but I would beat them to it. No reason to delay things. I am relieved to know that the other person was responsible enough to man up to what they did and provide insurance info. Good luck!!

Ryan
Old 08-15-2004, 11:10 PM

will my insurance rates be affected by this little accident?

i just didnt call my insurance company because i didnt think they needed to know about it since it wasnt my fault. i'll just call them first thing tomorrow morn.

thanks guys.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:31 AM

Hey Jimmy,

It was nice meeting ya today. Sorry to hear what happened to your car Best of luck fixing it and getting a quick turn around time from your insurance to deal with it! Some can get damn lazy (like mine)!

Paul
Old 08-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about the incident. Just make sure you bring it to a good place, silverstone is not exactly the easiest color to match. There is a place that i went to, California FIX-IT Auto Collision, (Dealer certified) on Euclid and the 405 Freeway next to Fry's. They are an Arm and 2 legs, but it's not your money, so why not go for the best. My Silverstone, was MATCHED perfectly, with no shades or flaws.

A few things to remember:

1. You are entitled to fix your car whereever you want.
2. You are entitled to a rental car. If you have a friend or family that has an extra car, and can document a reciept, you are entitled to a reimbursment of your money
3. Use your agent (ADJUSTER), its easier for a Agent to Agent talk, and your agent, can fork out the money for you, and collect from the other company for you. That way you won't have to play phone tag with those guys.

BC

PS: If you have no use for the bumper, I would gladly take it off your hands, and add it to my wall collections.

BC
Old 08-16-2004, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can go thru your's or his ins. company. Yours will probably be faster, because sometimes 3rd party (responsible party) carriers lag. If you go through your own carrier, you MIGHT have to pay your deductible when u pick up the car, or if your ins. is nice, they'll waive it if they can collect from the other party. use ur rental on ur policy if u have it. if not, you can still have the 3rd party carrier pay for it (usually reimbursement basis). Lasty, ins. co.'s nowadays have 'DRP shops,' shops which they are affiliated with... they will likely try to sell you on one. if Scott Robinson Honda happens to be a DRP for either of your ins. companies, thats all the better. Using a DRP shop usually expedites the process, as the ins. co. can waive the inspection and have the shop do all the legwork, photos, estimate, etc. if they are NOT a DRP, you gotta allow the paying (or both) insurance company to photo and appraise the damages. Have fun. damn i typed a lot.