California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Crazy black friday camp in Best Buy

Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy black friday camp in Best Buy

When I m driving around 7pm on the 60 freeway looking at the Best Buy around Azusa exit.
I saw there are already 7 camps there.
I m thinking like "what are these people thinking", if you do simple math, its around 58 hours til Best Buy open its door for Thanks Giving sales.
If you find a job that pay $10 an hour , it will be $580 hours and you don't have to stand in the cold at night and heat of the sun in the morning/noon.
Unless the purchase is saving over $700 dollars, if not, it is definitely not worth the 58 hours torture in the camp.
If you know any friends that are standing in line, there is a way to get black friday sales without camping out there.
Just join the best buy rewardzone program (its free) then buy something until you become the silver member then for every black friday, you can buy all the black friday sales item on Monday online and they even ship the item to your door for free.
I just got finished my black friday shopping for over $15xx in bestbuy.com and got the $150 dollars netbook, sony home theater, camcorder, digit cam, $350 laptop, gps.
No offense for those people that like to camp, but just personal opinion that I think spending time with family or the one that you love is far more important than standing outside just to save some couple hundred dollars which you can do it the same way online.
Hope this tricks do help some people for next year thanks giving to get their black friday deals without standing in line for all the hassle.

p/s: I used to work for Best Buy and for the killer deals, there are always limited quantity like netbook, laptop, tv for around 15-20. If you are number 21, I think you can forget about the line and go home to spend time with family/friends/gf/bf because you are not going to get it.
Plus, a lot of the people thought that black friday sales is always the cheapest in best buy actually its not, if you search online, a lot of the places are selling the same item for black friday price without black friday sales.

Again, all the above its just my personal opinion.
Have a happy thanks giving to all s2ki members here.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 PM

Well said! I would never camp out more than 10 min! lol
Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 PM

I actually camp outside for 2 days in LA best buy for the first PS3 and that is a horrible experience.
I m so cold and hungry at night and sleep next to homeless people.
I don't know how they do that because I m wearing tons of clothes and I m freezing to death.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

insane
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM

Yup, Not worth it.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:51 PM

Evidently one woman in fullerton has been camping out every year for the past 10 yrs - but she's a social worker, and whatever deals she gets, she gives away to clients who can't otherwise afford them. Kudos to her!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:18 AM

I saw GT5 was ready for pickup last night and saw the tent at the Los Feliz Best Buy. At first I thought wow people camping out for GT5?? And then realized it was black Friday this week. They had a pretty huge tent near the door, seems a bit much, but I guess some people have fun doing it.

OT: GT5 said it was ready to be picked up online but I got there and they said they can't sell it yet. Their website is useless.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Campers are not the most intelligent of people.

Some people do it as a social thing.
Some of them do not have jobs.
Some of them do not have GFs.
Some of them are students.
Most of them are still virgins.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inlands2k,Nov 23 2010, 11:14 PM
Well said! I would never camp out more than 10 min! lol
Old 11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Gatsbee13

did any1 see that video of the lady that started camping out over last weekend in Florida?

Quick Reply: Crazy black friday camp in Best Buy