California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Friend bought S2K...

Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend bought S2K...

Good Afternoon So. Cal.

A buddy of mine just traded in his RSX for a used 2005 S2000. The car was purchased at A One Auto in San Bernadino. The Milage 18,865 and carfax said it only had one owner. The color is Sebring Silver with all black interior. He got it very cheap and title is not salvaged. The plates from prev. owner were not on the vehicle, that party may have kept them.

Identifying marks on the car via damage:

* Two parts of the front grill are broken on the driver side.
* Clip on mud guard is also broken on the driver side.
* Front bumper has slight impact dent on passenger side. (maybe had a new bumper put on that had slight damage)
* Rear bumper is slightly melted on the passenger side and is cut out to make room for exhaust on the driver side
* S emblems on the sides have been removed.
* Damage to driver side fender liner looks as though may have had suspension issue causing rubbing or was rubbing due to an accident that bent the fender.
* Fender mounting bolts have been removed (maybe fender was replaced or fixed?).
* possible new/replaced driver side headlight.
*Car is lowered on Tein S-Techs and has a tein sticker on the wind diffuser.
* The car is on AP1 wheels.

Anyone know this vehicle? The car seems to drive fine and motor looks to be in good shape as well as all the other parts that are visible w/ out a lift and/or taking things apart.

I am just trying to help him find out info on things that may need to be repaired (front and rear bumper will need replacing for sure) and or replaced. If anyone knows anything about the car please feel free to post or PM me

Thanks in advance!

Remember he got a good deal on the car and does not mind repairing a couple of misc. items, please leave flames out of this thread just looking for any helpful info

Sorry for the book
Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 PM

I live in san bernardino, and know the used lot. Ive always strayed away from them though, but dont have a reason for it, just a bad feeling. When i got my s2k i learned that carfax is only accurate to an extent. What mileage does carfax show vs the car itself? that will give you a good indication of the last time carfax got any info on the vehicle. The plates could have been personalized and the previous owner wanted to keep em', but the dealer should have gotten them replaced when they switched the car over. Sounds shady to me, but if you need any help with something im in the area.

Griffin
Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Former Moderator

sounds like that baby was fairly moded and run through its paces
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by alejo,Apr 2 2007, 02:10 PM
sounds like that baby was fairly moded and run through its paces
yea the ap1 wheels and rear cutouts make you wonder.

Griffin
Old 04-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wraeththu,Apr 2 2007, 02:08 PM
I live in san bernardino, and know the used lot. Ive always strayed away from them though, but dont have a reason for it, just a bad feeling. When i got my s2k i learned that carfax is only accurate to an extent. What mileage does carfax show vs the car itself? that will give you a good indication of the last time carfax got any info on the vehicle. The plates could have been personalized and the previous owner wanted to keep em', but the dealer should have gotten them replaced when they switched the car over. Sounds shady to me, but if you need any help with something im in the area.

Griffin
Alejo - I completely agree. It definitely had wheels and exhaust and was lowered (still is) seats look older than 2005 also, but not for sure (may have shined them up a lot and that would make them wear faster. I advised him to monitor the tire way for alignment issues and we will be putting it on a lift to see what else is wrong (hopefully nothing)

Griffen - Thank you for all your advice/ insight into the dealer. My friend works with me at an auto lender and I am all too aware of the fact that carfax is only good depending on where the owner had repairs and services performed . It seems to be in decent shape. Just needs some cosmetic attention and TLC.

Being a relatively new car with low milage and some damage it is possible the owners insurance went up and he had to fix and get rid of the car (maybe there were other bigger issues, though I am hoping this is not the case). I am just trying to let a friend know about any major damages/incedents this car may have been through. To help him out and let him know the history of the car.

We are a kind of tight community and its very likely that someone on these doards knows the car. Thats the reason I posted it here
Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Do you think you can provide some pictures of his car so we can make some determinations?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by TurtleS2k,Apr 2 2007, 03:31 PM
Do you think you can provide some pictures of his car so we can make some determinations?
I told my friend to sign up on S2K he said he was planning on it I will see if he can add some pics to this thread (he better become a member )

He lives in the SD area and hopefully he can meet up with some of the peeps down there and get some insight too
Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 PM

Yep that'll be good to get with some other S2k members. Wish him the best of luck with the car
Old 04-02-2007, 07:06 PM

18k mile... john how much did your friend buy that for?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM

the car has been wrecked or had aftermarket front fenders ( not likey) and should be inspected bigtime. melt marks are wither from aftermarket exhaust or a front impact causing the motor to shift, forcing the muffler to rest on the rear bumper.

If there is no vin number on the fender ( 3" white sticker with numbers on it) the fender was replaced, and the headlight is a dead givaway for a wreck IMO
MAtt

Quick Reply: Friend bought S2K...