California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Giving Thanks - Happy Thankgiving

Old 11-21-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giving Thanks - Happy Thankgiving

To all my Familiy and Friends near and afar, I would like to give thanks for all in my life.

And to you in the S2k community, loyal friendship I shall cherish.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I give thanks for just waking up each morning... to feel the wind blow on my face and the warm sun on my skin. I am truly thankful for my family. My grandparents who took such a role in raising me. My grams has gone to be with God this past August. It gives one such more perspective on just how short life is. I am thankful for my friends. S2ki is a great community! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy ur days with good food, family and friends!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM

Received 1,182 Likes on 910 Posts

Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great thread

i'm just thankful to wake- up every morning with my health and s2k ready to rev. oh, i'm also thankful of my new job at wells fargo.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:05 PM

I'm thankful for the Internet -- without it I would never have gotten as many dates as I have.

I'm thankful for subtitles -- without it I would never know the true joy of movies and tv shows.

I'm thankful for Honda -- without my S2000 I would never know the joy of the best shifter on the market and what it means to feel in control. Without Honda, my dad would never have had such a stable and wonderful job for 41 years. Without Honda, I would have very little faith in the idea that cars can be "well-built".

I'm thankful for my parents -- without them I would probably have grown up wacko, stressed out, and without a great moral example to live by.

I'm thankful for my roommate/friend of 9 years -- without him I would be spending money like it grew on trees, destroying the environment, unsuccessfully trying to woo girls, and be very lonely living away from home.

I'm thankful for s2ki/cthree/Back-Cracker -- without these I would have missed out on a pretty cool 2-3 years of my life (I'm pretty much just a bystander of the S2000 community now with all the new faces).

I'm thankful for Squaresoft/Square-Enix -- without this company I wouldn't have had a bunch of truly awesome nerdy memories of games since I was a kid, and of course they were responsible for sucking the life out of a recent 2.5 years of my life with their online game but it still gave me good memories, and resulted in my appreciating real life a bit more once I quit.

I'm thankful for friends and my ex-girlfriends for each teaching me very significant things about life.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Thankful for the ability comprehend, understand, compile that knowledge, and simplify it into wisdom.

food for thought..

"This is the curse fo the human race. Sociability. What Christ should have said was "Yea, verily whenever the two or three of you are gathered together, some othre guy is going to get the living shit knocked out of him." Heres humanity in a nutshell. Show me a man or woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and tehy'll fall in love. Give me three an they'll invent the charming thing we call "society". Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one and outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of god, but human society was made in the image of his opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." page 387 excerpt from The Stand by Steven King.

some good writing : "he was a clot looking for a place to happen, a splinter of bone hunting a soft organ to puncture, a lonely lunatic cell looking for a mate- they would set up housekeeping and raise themselves a cozy little malignant tumor."

tbc...
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj Elixur,Nov 21 2006, 03:17 PM
Thankful for the ability comprehend, understand, compile that knowledge, and simplify it into wisdom.

food for thought..

"This is the curse fo the human race. Sociability. What Christ should have said was "Yea, verily whenever the two or three of you are gathered together, some othre guy is going to get the living shit knocked out of him." Heres humanity in a nutshell. Show me a man or woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and tehy'll fall in love. Give me three an they'll invent the charming thing we call "society". Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one and outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of god, but human society was made in the image of his opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." page 387 excerpt from The Stand by Steven King.

some good writing : "he was a clot looking for a place to happen, a splinter of bone hunting a soft organ to puncture, a lonely lunatic cell looking for a mate- they would set up housekeeping and raise themselves a cozy little malignant tumor."

tbc...
um... okay.... Happy Thanksgiving to u!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Thanksgiving I am thankful of the following....

Having my health *knocks on wood* my health so far has not failed me, and I hope to keep it that way....Thank you health, for being there for me!

Family, I am thankful for having a family that cares for me as deeply as they do, and puts up with my sh!t on a day to day basis NOT THAT EASY!

I am thankful for having a loving mother, as much as it annoys me....how much she is in my business, she tends to know about things in my personal life more then I do at times. Thank you mother, for being the NOSEY Greek mother that you are.

I am thankful for my father, without his hard working ethics and great disciplinary personality, I probably would have turned out a lot worse then I did (J/K) but he HAS helped me A LOT with guiding me in the right direction with life's every day tribulations.

I am thankful for my loving sister, without her I would have never learned how to truly treat a lady, she has taught me a lot when it comes to respecting the woman of your life, and to not take them for granted.

I am thankful for my loving girlfriend.....she has truly taught me how to LOVE someone for who they are rather then being just sexually attracted to them....Without her, I would probably have some sort of STD or gotten a DUI too, man whoring it around...not really giving a damn about what the next day has to offer me, Thank you sweetie!

I am also thank full for all of my true friends that have been there for me, through thick and thin. All of the people that are close to me in life have wonderful attributes, and are defiantly ONE IN A MILLION! THANK YOU!

Last but not least, I am thankful for the wonderful people of the S2KI community, Although at times I may come off as an A$$ hole, I really don't mean it. I would like to take this time to apologise to anyone that I may have offended in the past. I am a really easy going person when it comes down to it (most of the time) and I would like to just thank you everyone for being such a KICK ASS COMMUNITY to be a part of.

[B][U] HAPPY THANKS GIVING EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:06 PM

I am thankful for:

S2KI and the utterly wonderful people I have had the opportunity to meet and chat with.

A country where we are free to pursue just about anything.

My health and families health, food on the table and a roof over my head. Truly the Lord watches over us.

That Michigan pulled within 3 against Ohio State
Old 11-21-2006, 05:41 PM

i am thankful for the great friends i have made on this board

i am thankful for my girlfriend and her putting up with me

i am thankful for my parents that they haven't kicked me out before college

i am thankful for reliable hondas.

Quick Reply: Giving Thanks - Happy Thankgiving