California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

iL4 Classroom 101 Meet: Torco Lubricants

Old 09-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iL4 Classroom 101 Meet: Torco Lubricants

Fellow S2000 Enthusiasts,

I have not yet come up with what day in October the meet will be held, but I would like to introduce to you what I am planning. I am going to give these meets an interesting theme. Part of the meet will have a "classroom" type session. The topic for the October meet is currently being dubbed "Torco Night" as Torco will be the attending guest at the meet. There will be refreshments (food and drinks/pizza, soda) for all attendees. I am needing to keep the meet at around 50 guests maximum.

Torco's top representatives will be on hand to display some products and give a classroom lecture on their proprietary technology, products and an overall insight on how oils, lubricants and the like are made. They will get into the 5 groups of oils and the refining process, what MPZ (Moly, Phosphorous, Zinc) and how it applies to their products. You will also be able to ask any questions that you may have.

I feel that this is a unique opportunity to be able to get such a chance to interact with these important individuals of our Industry. This will be the first meet of its kind. Where like our iL4 Expo, we can try and continue to bridge the gap between the vendors and enthusiasts.

For the following months of November and December, I will introduce a new "special guest" each meet.

This meet will not be posted on our website, due to the overwhelming response we will probably get, so I wanted to gear this particualr meet towards the S2000 community. Everyone is welcome and I will not turn away a non-S2000 owner, but I do need to keep the head-count down to 50 or less.

If this is something you feel you would like to attend or know a friend who may enjoy a night of cool cars and some technobabble on oil and such, then you can either email me at baciob@inlinefour.com or post on this thread. I want to start a "list" so I can get an idea on how many guest are attending.

I will post the date as soon as I have more information. I am currently waiting on Torco, for the available dates in October.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Brandon Bacio
Old 09-21-2009, 12:54 AM

damn this is interesting and sounds fun
i'll try to be there depending on ur meet date.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 AM

i like this idea; something else to do and learn besides the usual hang out and talk about cars that we've all seen before.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by Hero,Sep 21 2009, 08:11 AM
i like this idea; something else to do and learn besides the usual hang out and talk about cars that we've all seen before.

wonder how torco compares to LE (lubrication engineers)
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 AM

Gatsbee13,

You will be able to find out. I've used LE 607 in my rear diff and didn't have any complaints. I've also used Motul Gear 300, which is a 75w90 gear oil. But, this time around, I am going to try Torco's SGO 75w140 GL6 gear oil.

If you decide to attend, I would bring whatever documentation you have on LE and ask questions so you can compare notes.

Regards,
Brandon Bacio
Inline Four
Director of Operations
Old 09-22-2009, 01:31 AM

Hahasti, Hero, Gatsbee13,

I am awaiting a response from Torco to let me know what day in October they are free to conduct this event with me. As soon as I hear word, I will update this thread.

Are the three of you interested and if so, can I start off by adding the three of you to my list of attendees?

Thanks!

Regards,
Brandon Bacio
Inline Four
Director of Operations
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM

I will be there as long as I can get away from the Fam Bam for a bit... Ill let you know soon as you post the date as far as time I will probably be there late if its mon thru fri...LOL hopefully peeps wil still be around...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Sep 22 2009, 06:57 PM
I will be there as long as I can get away from the Fam Bam for a bit... Ill let you know soon as you post the date as far as time I will probably be there late if its mon thru fri...LOL hopefully peeps wil still be around...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by HUYS2200,Sep 22 2009, 07:03 PM
AH!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Fellow Enthusiasts,

We have a day set in stone for the meet. We are looking at Tuesday, October 27, 2009. From about 5pm to 8pm. For the first hour or so, we can all just chill and hang out, have some food and enjoy each other's time and creations. We will be open for business until 6:30pm, so if anyone needed anything, we can help you out and assist you. Torco, will be on hand and will start the seminar/lecture once everyone has shown up and had a chance to eat and relax. We will have a Q & A session for those itching with questions.

Now that we have a date and time, if you are interested in attending, please PM me, email me or reply to this thread.

Regards,
Brandon Bacio
Inline Four, Director of Operations

Quick Reply: iL4 Classroom 101 Meet: Torco Lubricants