California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Leaking Koyo

Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Which Koyo radiator are you using? The thicker or thinner one?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't know what the OP ended up doing about his radiator, but i just got done talking to Koyo yesterday and today and I'll likely be fixing mine on my own. I'll post up more details next week.

Anthony, i have the 36mm Hyper V radiator...not sure who your question was directed to.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I don't know what the OP ended up doing about his radiator, but i just got done talking to Koyo yesterday and today and I'll likely be fixing mine on my own. I'll post up more details next week.

Anthony, i have the 36mm Hyper V radiator...not sure who your question was directed to.
At the time, I was looking into which radiator to go with. I was trying to see if Koyo had some product issue with their old design vs their new "hyper core". I ended up going with the slimmer, hyper core model.

I noticed some jdm radiators (ie Mugen, Spoon, Feels, etc) cost triple, if not quadruple. Are there any performance benefits?
Old 06-25-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
At the time, I was looking into which radiator to go with. I was trying to see if Koyo had some product issue with their old design vs their new "hyper core". I ended up going with the slimmer, hyper core model.

I noticed some jdm radiators (ie Mugen, Spoon, Feels, etc) cost triple, if not quadruple. Are there any performance benefits?
Most of the premium you pay for JDM radiators is just the JDM tax. Some of them are works of art though, like the ARC radiator. Usually Koyo works out fine. I've owned many of them in the past, and this is the first time i've had a problem.

I'd have to say i thought the warranty would be better though. Koyo corporate told me that their distributors decide whether to cover a radiator under warranty and their distributor said that Koyo decides whether the radiator is covered or not. And i was told that technically "race" radiators don't have a warranty to begin with. And the decision takes at least 2-3 weeks. So there's many things that seem subjective in the whole process which is worrisome. I have a DD, so the downtime isn't a problem, but it just sounds like an annoying process where the distributor and koyo are pointing fingers at each other and no one will likely want to take responsibility--because technically, they don't have to. I just purchased some aluminum puddy on Amazon for $5 and going to seal up my leak.