California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Looking for my old S2000 to purchase back

Old 05-20-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for my old S2000 to purchase back

I'm trying to locate my Berlina Black on Black 2000 s2000. I purchased new in 2000 in Georgia and sold in 2003. Carfax says It was last inspected in California and serviced at Gardena Honda in 2016. Vin # JHMAP1149YT007044. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can put me in touch with owner i'll shoot you 100 bucks finder fee. Thanks, miss my old rig.

Best Regards
Wade
Formerly known as S2Fly
Old 05-20-2019, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was smogged in CA

HONDAS2000 05/11/2019 10:57 a.m. PQS479108CN(Certification #) Not Referee inspected(normal)

It used to say what town it was smogged in but they rescinded that. It's still here.
Title searches are illegal here in CA; Find someone in law enforcement who you can trust to help you. Otherwise you're SOL.

Good luck, finding an old car is always an emotional rollercoaster, but at least you have good knowledge that it's around.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:56 AM

Thank you for your reply. I know its a shot in the dark, but figured i'd have some fun hunting it down. I contacted the last dealer shown to service her, to see if they could contact owner about possibly selling. Waiting on response.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM

Wow, that's a fantastic idea, and there is technically no release of sensitive info so they're not doing anything wrong but placing a phone call or email....that might actually work! I really hope you find it.
The following users liked this post:
KPRFC99 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

you haven't seen the car for 16 years. how do you know you would still want it? it may not even be black anymore. what if it looks hideous, horribly modified...

why wouldn't you just find an S2000 locally that is in the condition that you'd like it to be?

does having your specific vin back matter that much? like, if it really looked like shet, do you still want it back because of that specific vin? what if the panels don't have matching vins? what if the engine is not the same?

so we're left with the frame. is it the specific frame that you want? what if the frame had been bent in an accident?

so many questions about this...
The following users liked this post:
s2kx2 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 PM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

if i sold my s2000 after 3 years, it would have been in pristine condition.

if i searched for it many years later and found it in the condition that it's in now (i still have the car after 16 years), i'd cry. i wouldn't be sure i'd still want it.

obviously i want it now, because i'm the one that put all the wear and tear on it, and we've been through all that together.

but if someone else did that to my car, and it looks NOTHING like how i remembered it to be 16 years ago...i'd for sure look for an S in better condition.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:14 PM

Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts

Maybe he forgot about a stash of cash underneath one of the body/interior panels when he sold it and just remembered?
Old 05-22-2019, 06:09 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jyeung528
you haven't seen the car for 16 years. how do you know you would still want it? it may not even be black anymore. what if it looks hideous, horribly modified...

why wouldn't you just find an S2000 locally that is in the condition that you'd like it to be?

does having your specific vin back matter that much? like, if it really looked like shet, do you still want it back because of that specific vin? what if the panels don't have matching vins? what if the engine is not the same?

so we're left with the frame. is it the specific frame that you want? what if the frame had been bent in an accident?

so many questions about this...
Originally Posted by jyeung528
if i sold my s2000 after 3 years, it would have been in pristine condition.

if i searched for it many years later and found it in the condition that it's in now (i still have the car after 16 years), i'd cry. i wouldn't be sure i'd still want it.

obviously i want it now, because i'm the one that put all the wear and tear on it, and we've been through all that together.

but if someone else did that to my car, and it looks NOTHING like how i remembered it to be 16 years ago...i'd for sure look for an S in better condition.
...triggered

Sounds like you have OP's car? Jk lol
Old 05-23-2019, 12:57 PM

I have thought about the condition of the car. Obviously, if it's in shambles it would prolly not be worth it, but if it's in decent shape would be a cool project to bring back to stock. I bought the car when I was 23 and it brought me some serious happiness, unfortunately wasn't a very good sales car and I couldn't afford 2 vehicles at the time. Love the S so wanted to see what i could do to get her back. I appreciate all the comments. Hope to be part of the family again.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:18 PM

Naysayers say what they will.

Keep looking

Quick Reply: Looking for my old S2000 to purchase back