California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Moving from Canada to O.C

Old 09-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving from Canada to O.C

Hi all,

I moving down to O.C from Canada's and bring my S2000 with me and want to see if people could recommend good shop this include body shops and what to stay away from as well where do i find track events or just normal s2000 meet ups.

Thanks,
Pawel
Old 09-08-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

We have a few tracks that are pretty good, and stay away from Irvine if your car is modified.

You have evasive, and Ballade near you as the top S2000 shops to take your car too.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://autowaveinc.com/

in Huntington beach
Old 09-08-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
We have a few tracks that are pretty good, and stay away from Irvine if your car is modified.

You have evasive, and Ballade near you as the top S2000 shops to take your car too.
Can't agree more on the Irvine part. For the most part, you'll be okay if you don't have a loud exhaust or wing.

Orange County is arguably the mecca for S2000s, plenty of friendly owners and shops that specialize and cater to the S2000.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 PM

I was thinking making a trip Ballade to pickup couple parts and maybe get them to do some work. Now I really would like to known why Irvine hates S2000 or just generally and modified car and what type of level they hate.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by pawel2k
I was thinking making a trip Ballade to pickup couple parts and maybe get them to do some work. Now I really would like to known why Irvine hates S2000 or just generally and modified car and what type of level they hate.
Law Enforcement in Irvine.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:49 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

http://speedventures.com/

http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/

Both of those should cover most of your track day needs for Southern California, and part of Northern California.

Local tracks within 200 miles (322 km) of Orange County
-Buttonwillow Raceway Park (BRP)
-Willow Springs International Raceway (WSIR)
-Streets of Willow Springs (SOWS)
-Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CVR)
-Autoclub Speedway (ACS)
-Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch (SMMR)

With the exception of WSIR and ACS, all the other "SoCal" venues listed above run multiple configurations as well.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
http://speedventures.com/

http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/

Both of those should cover most of your track day needs for Southern California, and part of Northern California.

Local tracks within 200 miles (322 km) of Orange County
-Buttonwillow Raceway Park (BRP)
-Willow Springs International Raceway (WSIR)
-Streets of Willow Springs (SOWS)
-Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CVR)
-Autoclub Speedway (ACS)
-Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch (SMMR)

With the exception of WSIR and ACS, all the other "SoCal" venues listed above run multiple configurations as well.
Thanks that a great list, would you known what type of safety requirements if any? I am assuming just a valid helmet that are snell SA2010+ or can you run expired helmets?
Old 09-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I've lived in irvine for the past 14 years and no trouble from cops. Unless you have a giant wing or stickers everywhere or very loud exhaust etc etc then you should be fine. If you drive normally, then IPD shouldn't hassle you.

There are a ton of body shops around, i'd suggest Signature Autobody in Orange/Anaheim area. There are tons of everything auto related here....utilize the S2k community and Yelp for reviews...
Old 09-09-2016, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I've lived in irvine for the past 14 years and no trouble from cops. Unless you have a giant wing or stickers everywhere or very loud exhaust etc etc then you should be fine. If you drive normally, then IPD shouldn't hassle you.

There are a ton of body shops around, i'd suggest Signature Autobody in Orange/Anaheim area. There are tons of everything auto related here....utilize the S2k community and Yelp for reviews...
Thanks for the recommending, but i do have to ask why the hate giant wing's. Lucky I do not have once yet, but i was planing on getting one for track uses only put it one before track the remove it, but this would require me have a second trunk lid where the wing is mounted.

Quick Reply: Moving from Canada to O.C