California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Moving from Canada to O.C

Old 09-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Irvine in particular is a very quiet and clean suburb. Not much crime. So Cops have to find someone to give tickets to. Anything that calls attention to you might get you more attention from the cops as well.

Visually loud or audibly loud mods aren't guaranteed tickets, but you run the risk more so than without. The best cop deterrent is to just drive safely and not like a jackass. In my experience, if you handle yourself like an adult and it doesn't look like a teenager's car and you don't look like a thug, then you'll be fine (even with a big wing).
Old 09-09-2016, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol I almost got a ticket for no front license plate there the cop pulled up next to me and was like "nice car man you do know your missing your front license plate? Just put it on next time"haha I lucked out have a loud exhaust too lol
Old 09-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with Chris, it's not really *that bad* in Irvine.

When I lived and worked in Irvine, the only time I ever got hassled by the police there was when I drove off in front of a cop with a missing CAT. I had reported the theft the day before, so I gave him the report information and explained to him I was having a replacement put in shortly and he let me go without any hassle. He was never rude to me, or condescending. At the time, that AP1 was lowered, had an ap2 front bumper with a CR lip and a CR wing, on RE30's.

Still work in Irvine, have an AP2 now with a voltex type 2, and lowered, do not get hassled by the cops.

Granted, none of my s2000's had mismatched colored body panels or looked like straight hoopties, as I will say I noticed most cars pulled over in Irvine look like they "don't belong".
Old 09-11-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
I'm with Chris, it's not really *that bad* in Irvine.

When I lived and worked in Irvine, the only time I ever got hassled by the police there was when I drove off in front of a cop with a missing CAT. I had reported the theft the day before, so I gave him the report information and explained to him I was having a replacement put in shortly and he let me go without any hassle. He was never rude to me, or condescending. At the time, that AP1 was lowered, had an ap2 front bumper with a CR lip and a CR wing, on RE30's.

Still work in Irvine, have an AP2 now with a voltex type 2, and lowered, do not get hassled by the cops.

Granted, none of my s2000's had mismatched colored body panels or looked like straight hoopties, as I will say I noticed most cars pulled over in Irvine look like they "don't belong".
Nice thats good to known, I got here today and the S arrive couple hour early and had a nice drive from Yorba Linda to Costa Mesa. So far no problem just need to replace the brakes since that are so loud. everybody looking at me.. I never going to by Hawk Pads HP+ ever again for street they destroyed my rotors in less then a week.

One think i notice is this crazy road dip ramps when coming into the malls :-( not sure what the real name...
Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to SoCal pawel2k! Enjoy the mild winters
Old 09-12-2016, 07:47 PM

I'm moving to OC the beginning of Oct. Also looking forward to meeting new people, meets, shops etc.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by chinoamigo
Welcome to SoCal pawel2k! Enjoy the mild winters
Thanks, will not miss the winters..
Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM

Welcome to SoCal. I live out by Yorba Linda and work in Irvine. If you can settle in by Friday morning, you should head out to Buttonwillow Raceway with some friends and I this weekend.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
Welcome to SoCal. I live out by Yorba Linda and work in Irvine. If you can settle in by Friday morning, you should head out to Buttonwillow Raceway with some friends and I this weekend.
I was thinking off going there this weekend, I didn't bring my racing gear; due to an chumpcar race back home that might be doing in Oct.

I work in Lake Force and live in Yorba Linda for the moment.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by pawel2k
Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-' timestamp='1473807167' post='24061449
I was thinking off going there this weekend, I didn't bring my racing gear; due to an chumpcar race back home that might be doing in Oct.

I work in Lake Force and live in Yorba Linda for the moment.
Doesn't take much other than a helmet and a mechanically sound car.

Quick Reply: Moving from Canada to O.C