California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

My recent encounter with various sellers and watch out for a 06 yellow AP2

Old 06-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Yeah, move on to another seller. The whole idea of going through her BF and not her, face-to-face, is a little shady, too. At least, in my opinion.

Good luck, with the next find.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ktouge
Sound like you are a strong endorser of such malicious practices, and have a lot to hide when it comes to selling your car.

I see this thread has brought out some unethical individuals in general.
what this really sounds like, is that you easily throw accusations at people, and may be a little bit paranoid about the car purchasing process.

if a seller does not appear to be a saint, you get bent out of shape and start calling everyone unethical.

welcome to the world of private party used car sales, where sellers are not going to bend over backwards for you.

i would suggest you stick to purchasing from a licensed dealership.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 AM

what i would really be interested in hearing, is the seller's side of the story. that might be an interesting read.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jyeung528
what this really sounds like, is that you easily throw accusations at people, and may be a little bit paranoid about the car purchasing process.

if a seller does not appear to be a saint, you get bent out of shape and start calling everyone unethical.

welcome to the world of private party used car sales, where sellers are not going to bend over backwards for you.

So are you suggesting that it's completely acceptable for private sellers to lie and mislead a buyer just to make a quick buck?

Asking the seller to disclose the condition of their car is bending them backward?

I doubt any buyer with the right mind would consider dealing or buy anything from someone who has a low moral standards like that.

In fact, majority of the private sellers I spoke with were pretty upfront about the condition of their car and not manipulative or butt-hurt when I asked them about the vin's and were willing to provide pictures or a walk-through with me, well beside a few selected shady individuals who were behaving oddly.

Saint or not , I am not trying to preach you lol or turn this thread into a business law discussion. I just wanted to give a heads up to other buyers in the market. It's up to them to make the call .

I have the car's license plate, vin number, as well as the seller's # and the complete log of ebay communication/text. But I am not disclosing anything unless the seller find me full of it and have their attorney sues me for slander and defamation.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:53 PM

you're quick to throw accusations at people, including me and another person on this board.

i am not convinced that the seller intentionally lied or mislead, nor had an intention of making a quick buck. private party sellers aren't making any quick bucks as they're not acquiring their personal use vehicles as inventory at wholesale cost.

asking for 10 vin verification is unique, especially for a private party seller.

again, my opinion, is that you are highly sensitive and paranoid in a private party used vehicle transaction where I see nothing out of the ordinary.

and your accusations at people that don't agree with you are completely baseless and support my theory about what's going on here.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:55 PM

i mean, according to you, we have a fraudulent seller, and two people on this board that are unethical and malicious.

seems to me, that it may all just be your perception of things is too sensitive.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:47 PM

you're quick to throw accusations at people, including me and another person on this board.

i am not convinced that the seller intentionally lied or mislead, nor had an intention of making a quick buck. private party sellers aren't making any quick bucks as they're not acquiring their personal use vehicles as inventory at wholesale cost.

asking for 10 vin verification is unique, especially for a private party seller.

again, my opinion, is that you are highly sensitive and paranoid in a private party used vehicle transaction where I see nothing out of the ordinary.

and your accusations at people that don't agree with you are completely baseless and support my theory about what's going on here.
Let's be real. You have met a complete stranger in real life and you are engaged with that person in a high dollar amount cash transaction. The seller lied multiple times despite the fact that the buyer repeatedly inquired about the condition of the goods. Maybe you have a high tolerance for liars , but for me it's an instant red flag and would get you out of the interview process right the way.

You stated asking for VIN's is unique. Yet, I believe it's one of the sticky on S2ki and it's just another way to check for accidents according to KBB for used car purchase.

Asking the right questions is considered being sensitive and paranoid? So you are suggesting that all buyers should just close their eyes and hand over their cash to a seller lol?

Yes, it would be completely normal if the seller told me the car was involved in a misc non-collusion accident and body parts were replaced. But that was not the case, I was told the car had no accidents and all stickers in tact. You sound like I hold some kind of grudge against this particular owner, but yet I have not release any names or identification of this particular seller.

We are not on a hot date , and we do not know each other, so I assessed your character based on your statements and I am not accusing you of anything but just my personal opinion of your moral standards.

Again, there is really no point in discussing this further, as the point of this thread is to warn other potential buyers about a certain unethical seller.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 9ktouge
We are not on a hot date , and we do not know each other, so I assessed your character based on your statements and I am not accusing you of anything but just my personal opinion of your moral standards.
exactly my point. you have deemed my moral standards to be unethical and malicious, as well as another poster on this thread, based on very little substance, which is out of line.

and it is my opinion, that your opinions of the seller's ethical standards are also out of line.

there are always two sides to a story, and it is my belief that it would be quite entertaining to hear the seller's side of the story.

you have shared your side, and i'm not convinced at all that there is any issue here.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:55 AM

You performed a PPI on the car at a 3rd party shop.

Seller lowered the price for soft top damage.

carfax shows no accidents.

you effectively backed out of the deal because the fender and bumper had been replaced.

this is a deal that did not work out.

this happens ALL the time.

let's move on.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:21 PM

Just my 2c - it's far easier to be honest and upfront as a seller than hope someone doesn't discover some bs you know to be true later. In the end, you have something you want to sell and want to get a fair price for it. If you misrepresent what you are selling, the buyer has a right to be pissed - before, during, or especially after the fact. With all of the CL and eBay scams, it's very hard to trust a stranger, but in the end, if you get together in person and don't have anything to hide, it's far more likely you'll actually sell the car and not go through a bunch of "near sales" - of course - buyers being flaky and backing out for no reason or very questionable reasons is a whole other story. If it feels like there's no trust, I'd say just walk away. These are S2K's and you'll find one eventually that makes sense.

Quick Reply: My recent encounter with various sellers and watch out for a 06 yellow AP2