California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Official Basketball Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Official Basketball Thread

Since this is the start of a new season on 12/25/2011 (what a present for us fans! ) I figured we can start a new thread for not just the Lakers, but all of the NBA (talk your team) and even NCAA.

The Lakers are starting off this season with the 3 back to back games I am sure everyone has already heard about. Here is a small article from sbnation.

Lakers Open NBA Schedule With Three Games In Three Nights
by Tom Ziller

Read More: lakers schedule, nba schedule, Los Angeles Lakers

For years, the L.A. Lakers' schedule has been soft early as the necessity to spend a long stretch of time in March on the road due to the Grammys has skewed the slate. There will be no such arguing about early cupcakes this season, as Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Lakers will open the schedule with three games in three nights, also known as the dreaded back-to-back-to-back. Kobe Bryant's knees will surely love that.

The Lakers will host the Chicago Bulls in the third game of the league's five-game national TV slate on December 25. Bresnahan reports that the Lakers will then fly to Sacramento to take on the Kings on December 26, and then to Salt Lake to face the Utah Jazz on December 27. All the while, the team will miss Andrew Bynum, who was suspended five games for a nasty flagrant foul on J.J. Barea during the Lakers' Game 4 loss to the Dallas Mavericks in the Western Conference Semifinals in May. (That Mavs win finished a sweep of the Lakers.)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

interesting...
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ard-chris-paul
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...s-plenty-sense
Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 AM

Bouford, I just read that too! How awesome would that be?!!?!?

I came here to post it and you already did.

And regarding the second article, I think Kobe would be fine with Dwight. With Shaq, they just didn't have chemistry and were more rivals than team mates.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait for the season to start!!! Time to order some tickets.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by North Star
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1323194145' post='21215219

And regarding the second article, I think Kobe would be fine with Dwight. With Shaq, they just didn't have chemistry and were more rivals than team mates.
smith cracks me up. if mitch pulls this off...
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Yep!

Funny, I forgot about Brown coaching now. The layoff has been so long. lol
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by North Star
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1323194145' post='21215219

Kobe will get along fine with Dwight because Dwight doesnt need the ball on offense to putup numbers like shaq. Dwight gets a lot of his stats off followups and working hard on offense, and plays defense regardless. Whether they got along or not though, shaq and kobe were winning and IMO had a title or two left in the tank had they been able to put their differences aside for the betterment of the team. Shaq needed the ball in his hands everytime down the floor, but then again from 2000-2004 was there really any other person in the entire league that you wanted the ball inside to every time down the floor?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Community Organizer

if they can get one of the two, get d12. the team will be his once kobe retires.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by bouford
if they can get one of the two, get d12. the team will be his once kobe retires.
d12 can actually help extend kobes career IMO. He wont have to put all his focus into trying to stop perimeter guys from getting by him, if they get by him, d12 will swat it away. I agree, if they have to choose between paul or d12, you go d12 simply because he can change the game more than paul on both ends of the floor. However, paul is no bad consolation prize, no longer would the lakers be burned by speedy pgs, but rather do the burning themselves. Paul is also a great floor general and will get everyone involved. You can also make the case that if you are talking about their games longterm, Paul would be the better choice. As great as d12 is now, if he doesnt develop SOME type of offensive moves, its not going to be pretty for him once the athleticism is no longer there.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Community Organizer

Quick Reply: Official Basketball Thread