California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

one of my neighbors rat on me

Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one of my neighbors rat on me

hey guys,
I just wanted to talk some sh*t about my neighbor (i don't know who it is) - someone wrote a letter to the community management that I am always working on cars.

I just wanted to hear from you guys about what you think and how i should handle this situation - if i may benefit, legally. So here I go:

We all like working on cars. We do stuff in our garage often. Sometimes we have our friends bring their cars over to help out with some stuff. Anyways, just today I received a letter from the community management saying:

"IT HAS BEEN RECENTLY NOTED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING REPAIRS TO YOUR VEHICLE IN THE COMMON AREA. THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE CC&R'S OF THE ASSOCIATION AND MUST CEASE IMMEDIATELY" ..."in effort to prevent further correspondence, your cooperation within fourteen (14) days would be appreciated.

I went door to door with this letter pissed off at why whoever ratted on me didn't come up to my face in person and talk to me about it. I called the security gate officers to see if they were a part of this, but those guys are cool - they only write parking violation tickets and take care of emergency situations - but who knows, can't trust everything that come out of people' mouths esp. when they're put in their place. A lady told me that she too got a letter like this about a basketball hoop she set up for her children to play. She went to the management office to get the name of whoever reported her, but unfortunately, in America everyone is protected and not 1 name slips.

I'm just pissed off that this person didn't come up to me in person and discuss some common grounds. I'm just trying to enjoy my life doing what i like to do. Why is it that my freedom must be taken away in order for this unknown person to have his/her way? I'd be so down to listen to what he/she had to say so that I can respect it and adjust some of the things I do u know?

that's the end of my rant. there's not much I can do u know?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That's ridiculous. I can understand if you we're making noise, dumping fluids and being rude but c'mon. Sorry to hear.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 PM

I completely agree. Assuming you werent being ridiculously loud for some reason or taking up other peoples parking spots with project cars or something then i see no reason someone should have complained...then again im sure most of us on this site are also biased because we actually like cars lol.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM

r they saying ya can't work on a car in your own garage?? how is that a 'common area'?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 PM

I hate those kind of people cant mind their own business,,unless ur making a bunch of noise then ill understand..
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM

I can tell you one thing, calling out your neighbors probably wasn't a good thing to do.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM

So what if you refuse to cease? Fines?

Maybe you can walk door to door and pretend like you have a petition to change that rule. If the tenant doesn't sign then you know who did it. haha
Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 PM

I will move
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 PM

I call this a violation of YOUR Pursuit of Happiness.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000Patrick,Feb 22 2010, 10:34 PM
I can tell you one thing, calling out your neighbors probably wasn't a good thing to do.

No need to walk around asking about it, just ignore the letter and work on your car in the garage, they can't do anything about that.

Quick Reply: one of my neighbors rat on me