California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Pacific BMW in Glendale CA review

Old 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pacific BMW in Glendale CA review

This review is in regards to the sales floor staff. In particular Greg Poland, Isaiah Butler, and especially Shahin Sabzehroo.

CLIFF NOTES: Judgmental sales staff (Greg, Isaiah, Shahin). Insulting sales manager (Shahin). Shahin likes to "turn and burn customers". They'll sell you a loaner car that was beat on by service department customers and tell you it was driven by "BMW executives" (Shahin).

Wow... I can't even begin to tell you how appalling the customer service is here. My cousin and I went car shopping today in search of a sporty luxury sedan to lease. Our top picks were a Lexus IS F-sport and the BMW 328i. We stopped by Lexus of Glendale first and were taken care of right away. Sadly Pacific BMW didn't offer the same experience. No one helped us when we arrived even though it was obvious that there were quite a lot of sales people in the showroom floor doing nothing but standing around. Greg Poland, who I assume is one of the sales team leaders, RELUCTANTLY approached us and got one of his lackeys, Isaiah, to help us out.

Right away you can see that neither one them wanted to help us out and Isaiah was "super excited" to show us a 3 series. Isaiah didn't even bother to get our licenses from us (something that you have to for insurance and safety purposes). As a matter of fact he attempted to get our licenses but figured "Well these guys are just here to waste my time so lets skip this step because they're not serious customers." Anyway,we went for a test drive with Isaiah and really enjoyed the way the car performed compared to the Lexus. To be quite honest we were sold on the car before the test drive was over! Isaiah dropped us off at the service department after the test drive and went to go take the car back to its spot. When he came back we asked if we talk numbers and work out a deal. He then went and brought Shahin to talk to us.

I already knew where this was going since I work in car sales my self. This trick (if you want to call it that) is called turning the customer. This only happens when the sales person feels like the customer is a waste of time (a jack) and or doesn't look like he can afford a car. We told Shahin what we were looking for in a car and even presented him with the deal we got at Lexus. He decides to take us outside to show us some more cars and instead of showing us a new 328i that was fully loaded like we requested he goes and shows us a used demo car that was "carefully used" by a "BMW executive". Translation: This is one of our loaner cars from the service department that has been beat on by other customers.

The car was so bad that the tow-hook covers on the bumpers were missing and worst of all when he opened the trunk there were scratches on all the plastics, chalk stains, leaves, dirt, paper and who knows what else. At this point I feel insulted as a customer. Just to add fuel to the fire, Shahin then tells us that this beat on demo car is $50,000+ and our monthly payments would be north of $700. He doesn't even try to beat Lexus' price! He even goes as far as to say that the Lexus is not on the same level as the BMW and insults our choice in cars. Really dude? You don't do that. For the price that you're telling me I might as well spend a bit more and lease an M3 to justify having to pay that much. Even the Maserati Ghibli has better deals than your P.O.S. demo car! We were ready to pull the trigger right there and then!!! All he had to do was find us a new 328i in the color and specs we wanted and work from there. He just stood there and did everything in his power to make us leave. This is called turning and burning a customer by the way. Honestly I don't know what to say.

I am so glad we left. Pacific BMW left a really bad impression on us because of how judgmental the staff was towards us. I'm sorry that we came in sweats and not suits. If there's one thing you learn in car sales it's that you never know who is going to walk in through the door. They may not look like it but they are buyers. You should treat EVERYONE the same. Shahin you really need to learn how to treat customers. If you ever come here avoid this guy like the plague!!!

This is the same dealer where that one guy had his 1M beat on by service techs during a PDI.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up! It's really sad how some people don't understand business. Kind of the same thing happened to us at Scion in Santa Margarita.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 1,107 Likes on 988 Posts

Waste not waist.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87
Waste not waist.
Dammit I totally messed that up! Thanks for the heads up. It's fixed now
Old 12-27-2015, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave87
Waste not waist.
Judging by his avatar, this guy knows what he's talking about
Old 12-27-2015, 12:35 PM

So...did you end up leasing a luxury car?
Old 12-27-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
So...did you end up leasing a luxury car?
Yeah he ended up getting the Lexus IS F Sport.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:20 PM

Makes sense. Not a bad car and the people representing the brand actually have enough manners to treat another human being with respect. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacific BMW has a long tradition of bad customer service / relations and over charging for service and parts.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

New Century has a pretty amazing parts department for what it's worth. Retail prices are usually pretty reasonable, and half the time they give me wholesale prices which are usually close to ECS/Pelican prices.

Quick Reply: Pacific BMW in Glendale CA review