California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Potentially moving to SoCal

Old 04-09-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Officially moving to SoCal

Hey guys!
So right now I have a pretty big lead in getting a job out in Ontario, CA and I wanted to know good areas and places to live in. Of course I would like somewhere safe with little theft for my S2000. It's just myself moving out there, so I would love to hear some recommendations on studio or single bedroom apartments. And if someone needs a roomie out there, I got you lol

Here is my car so my post isn't super boring, yes she is my daily driver as well.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/93855927@N07/, on Flickr
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/93855927@N07/, on Flickr

Last edited by jaor.s2k; 04-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Find a place with a garage and buy a daily. lol yeah I'm no help. I would check out Chino Hills or Upland.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Find a place with a garage and buy a daily. lol yeah I'm no help. I would check out Chino Hills or Upland.
He speaks the truth. That's the only way to ensure your car isn't stolen or vandalized.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mugen_is_best
He speaks the truth. That's the only way to ensure your car isn't stolen or vandalized.
Yeah, I get paranoid parking it just to eat at a restaurant even though I can see it. I'm even afraid of door dingers.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if you know the area, but try to find places where you're commute is against traffic. I don't know if traffic where you are is as bad as over here.
Look for 91E in the morning, 91W in the afternoon, etc.
There is also an IE subforum as well.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Yeah, I get paranoid parking it just to eat at a restaurant even though I can see it. I'm even afraid of door dingers.
When my car is parked anywhere where it's not garaged, I sleep with the window cracked and one eye open. I park far away from everyone and take the last spot of each parking isle so I can potentially only get one door ding. All current damage done to my car is due to idiots love-tapping my bumpers as they exit their parking spot, or opening their doors into my quarter panel; not a single ding dent is from my own doing
Old 04-12-2017, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a real struggle trying to come up with a safe city in Southern California where you can park your car on the street. Basically there is no such place and your best bet is you park your car in a garage (your own garage not one of those underground or covered parking spots). IE is especially bad and I would not feel safe even with owning an S2K there. I grew up there and know there are a lot of bad apples residing there. Only place in all of SoCal I can think of that might be save is South Orange County. Then again you have the Famous Stars and Straps bros in lifted trucks living around there who might vandalize anything not American. Probably the only thing I don't miss about living in SoCal.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I really appreciate the feedback guys! For now I would prefer not to get a daily just to save money for awhile, but I guess we shall see. I'll definitely look into getting a place in the areas that were mentioned.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely get a garage. I live near Ontario and the petty theft here is ridiculous. Mail, cars, etc.

Look in Corona, northern Fontana, or around northern Rancho Cucamonga near the foothills shopping malls. Ontario has nice patches. There are some nice apartments with garages, and plenty of homes but you'll drop a pretty penny.

Its a great place to live, tons of great roads nearby, close ish to beaches, etc. It's just expensive. Give me a PM if you want any other questions answered.

Quick Reply: Potentially moving to SoCal