California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Relationship Problems

Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Relationship Problems

So it seems like I might be joining the singles club soon (possibly)
Seeing as this is the longest relationship I have been in ( 5 years 3months) I just dont know if I am handling the situation correctly.

-Time Warp back to Feb 2008-
My fiance went to go get coffee with her ex-Scott, I was ok with it because Cathy said she had no feelings for the guy whatsoever, and he was there for her (prior to me) during a really hard situation she was going through.
Anway, fast forward to March and Cathy and I have our first REAL BIG fight, I dont remember what exactly the fight was about anymore but basically somewhere in the arguement she said that her Ex-Scott had caught Cathy by suprise during their coffee time and kissed her. HOLY SHIT WHY THE #### didnt you tell me about this a month ago when it happened????...anyway, I got over that whole situation and we moved on.

2 days ago she get real pissed at me and we didnt talk for 2 days. Last night I went over to her house and we talked for about 4 hours. She basically said she was getting annoyed at me for (in my opinion) the stupidest sh*t possible. Things like going to bed at 11pm or 12am while she is up till 2am-3am,Waking up at 7am-8am and leaving to go home, when I wake up I guess I wake her up to but I try not to. She gets annoyed at me if I miss a turn or soemthing when we drive places, she gets annoyed if I drive past an open parking spot and it gets taken 2 seconds later, in all honesty really stupid isht like that.

Basically the discussion came down to, Do we want to be with eachother anymore.
She had admitted that she has only put in about 65% effort into the relationship since Feb. while she noticed I have been putting in 100%. She said she has been basically over the relationship since Feb. WTF???? But yet she is still with me putting in 65% effort...( man did I pick a winner). Although we didnt break up last night I am basically stuck as what to do. Sex seems like a Christmas Gift that I only get 1x a year ( not literally but man seems like it) I am honestly beginning to think she is Bi-Polar although she wont admit to it, she is so Off and On ALL the freaking time........ last thing she said to me was the she wanted to tell me she wanted to break up but something inside her was telling to not do it. WTF does that mean?

I think the only reason I didnt end it is because I am honestly afraid of being single and being out of my comfort zone again. I honestly dont have a problem going out and getting laid, but you can only do that so much before you want to settle down, and im afraid its going to take me another 4 years until (what i hope) is miss right to come my way.

Pro's I see are is I can finally focus on school and possibly another job opportunity, I am studying for my CHP exam that is on Nov 15th, but if for whatever reason I dont get in I am going back to school for nursing. YES I SAID NURSING BICHES!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM

no reason to work it out if she already said she's over the relationship since feb.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Thats what I was thinking but then why didnt she just end it back then if she was feeling that way instead of dragging on till now?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Tom Lykis would say DTB!!!!

Good relationships don't come to this type of scenario. I'll be with my wife going on 8 years (1.5 years married), and altough we've had some arguments here and there, it never comes down to questioning the relationship.

If you do decide to stick it out and get married, you absolutely must get a pre-nup signed!!!! Hearing about how the relationship is going now, sounds like the break up is inevitable.

Don't be a puss and just break up with her. She doesn't have the guts to do it, so do both of you a favor, man up and drop her!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Family Guy,Oct 24 2008, 12:22 PM
?tom lykas

Exactly. If you don't listen to him on the radio, check him out. 97.1FM or stream him online. Defintely good stuff for guys to know.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I read the first few lines..... soon as it was Coffee w/ ex..... It's all downhill brother.

Let it go my man.... let it go.

You probably learned some things from being with someone a long time, consider it a free lesson. Disconnect and move on.

Let's grab a beeeeeer!

-Greg
Old 10-24-2008, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want my opinion???
Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 PM

sounds like what happened with my ex, she ended up cheating on me with the "friend" and tried hiding it from me for basically the last year we were together(we were together over 5yrs). my gut instincts told me to leave and she was cheating but i went against it. in the end, im glad we broke up and im a much better person today than if i had stayed with her.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Oct 24 2008, 12:30 PM
Want my opinion???
Well you are from the I.E so you will probably just tell me to do her in the butt or something
Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 PM

How old is she? From what you've written she seems young and doesn't fully know who she is. Some people (Not just girls) just dont find out who they really are until they mature or get older. I know many girls that are 26 and still dont know themselves well enough to be in a stable relationship.

5 years is a long time. Honestly though have you been always caring for her? Treating her like a princess?

Dont worry about being lonely. Itll pass after a little time. Then when you least expect it you'll find someone new.

Quick Reply: Relationship Problems