California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Road Rage from a driver... WTF? He's crazy..

Old 04-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Road Rage from a driver... WTF? He's crazy..

Ok, i'm driving home from church and i pull into my neighborhood and one of my neighbors whom i never talk to (we were never formally greeted each other), is ahead of me.

He is pulling into his drive way but is going hella slowwwwww. I am behind him and not really tail gating, but close to him cause all of a sudden he is slowing down in the middle of the street.

he then pulls a 45 degree right turn into his drive way his the end of his suburban in the street and honks..

I in return make a left turn to dodge his pause and pull into my driveway. He then has the guts to take his suburban and drive it to my driveway and get out and say:

"What the hell is your problem? Watch out where you're going. You're speeding in a neighborhood. God dammit." Umm, .. I wasn't speeding in the neighborhood. Idiot.

Mind you he said this in a very MEAN tone. I wanted to go up to him and say "WTF is your problem you @#%#@.. Get the %$# off my property and never speak to me again in that tone" Problem is, i couldn't say this because he is my neighbor and i fear retaliation (e.g. damage my property, target family,etc.). Only if i had no affiliation with my neighborhood... Usually i'll be apologetic and explain my situation, but the lessons i've learned in the past is to not say anything and shut up.

I'm a fair guy. If there was reason to believe i could have endangered his life or if i was doing something wrong, then yeah... You could say something, but I didn't do any of that. If i almost made him crash or Heaven forbid, i hit his dog cause i was speeding, then yes.. yell at me. I deserve it... But nope.

There is one thing though i noticed through my experience of being scolded at: it's always white people. Not to discriminate, but it seems like white people like to speak their mind and always nag nag nag. Never has somebody in my experience spoken to me in a condescending tone or negative tone other than white people. I've had my fair share of uncomfortable situations with asians, african americans, hispanics, and it's always the white ppl that make me feel like i'm worthless.. as if you're a dog being scolded at.

has anybody had their fair share of experience like mine? I just can't believe he followed me home to scold me...

I hope i didn't offend anybody.. I'm not trying to single out anybody.. I understand everybody is different and there are a lot of sweet nice ppl out there.. I'm just curious how the minorities feel at times.. even if you're not a minority. BTW: i live in an area where it's predominately caucasian.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by WayneTeK,Apr 10 2005, 11:40 PM
Ok, i'm driving home from church and i pull into my neighborhood and one of my neighbors whom i never talk to (we were never formally greeted each other), is ahead of me.

He is pulling into his drive way but is going hella slowwwwww. I am behind him and not really tail gating, but close to him cause all of a sudden he is slowing down in the middle of the street.

he then pulls a 45 degree right turn into his drive way his the end of his suburban in the street and honks..

I in return make a left turn to dodge his pause and pull into my driveway. He then has the guts to take his suburban and drive it to my driveway and get out and say:

"What the hell is your problem? Watch out where you're going. You're speeding in a neighborhood. God dammit." Umm, .. I wasn't speeding in the neighborhood. Idiot.

Mind you he said this in a very MEAN tone. I wanted to go up to him and say "WTF is your problem you @#%#@.. Get the %$# off my property and never speak to me again in that tone" Problem is, i couldn't say this because he is my neighbor and i fear retaliation (e.g. damage my property, etc.). Only if i had no affiliation with my neighborhood...

There is one thing though i noticed through my experience of being scolded at: it's always white people. Not to discriminate, but it seems like white people like to speak their mind and always nag nag nag. Never has somebody in my experience spoken to me in a condescending tone or negative tone other than white people. I've had my fair share of uncomfortable situations with asians, african americans, hispanics, and it's always the white ppl that make me feel like i'm worthless.. as if you're a dog being scolded at.

has anybody had their fair share of experience like mine?
you should maybe edit the part about the "not to be racist but..." comment since it is in deed racist and ignorant on your behalf. in regards to the neighbor, he's a dick what can you do? i wouldn't have retaliated but explained or asked what he expected you to do and why he was driving the way he was. don't be afraid to live in your own home just because you speak your mind.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=a4sport,Apr 10 2005, 11:48 PM] you should maybe edit the part about the "not to be racist but..." comment since it is in deed racist and
Old 04-11-2005, 12:22 AM

Unhappy

Hey Wayne I am sorry to hear this happened to you Bro!!! Oh & by the way it isn't just White people as you put it, but society as a whole my friend day by day are getting closer to erasing the line that differentiates humans from animals. People of all colors have the propensity to be rude , uncaring & obnoxious. To be honest with the way things are today letting the situation ride would be very good ideal. However to me there is a flip side to this coin, okay say you let it ride & it just so happens that this altercation really had nothing to do with driving etiquette or laws in the first place. I believe that by taking a passive roll you sometimes leave yourself open to more abuse and therefore have drawn a virtual bullseye on your own head to which all of the universe may shat upon. It is too late now! So let it go & choose your battles wisely. I will leave my milk box now!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by ZaToIChI,Apr 11 2005, 12:22 AM
Hey Wayne I am sorry to hear this happened to you Bro!!! Oh & by the way it isn't just White people as you put it, but society as a whole my friend day by day are getting closer to erasing the line that differentiates humans from animals. People of all colors have the propensity to be rude , uncaring & obnoxious. To be honest with the way things are today letting the situation ride would be very good ideal. However to me there is a flip side to this coin, okay say you let it ride & it just so happens that this altercation really had nothing to do with driving etiquette or laws in the first place. I believe that by taking a passive roll you sometimes leave yourself open to more abuse and therefore have drawn a virtual bullseye on your own head to which all of the universe may shat upon. It is too late now! So let it go & choose your battles wisely. I will leave my milk box now!
thank you for your enlightening input! much apprecaited! it's friendly ppl like you that erase the biased perceptions & give hope.. that line is so corny but true. lol..
Old 04-11-2005, 01:11 AM

Lightbulb

I know how you feel Wayne I am African American & catch it from all sides dude including my own at times. Yes the law is in place to handle potential situations like this, but you have to protect home team first. "Tempering your temper with judgement is very wise & makes you no less of a man". Always think about family & siblings who aren't able to protect themselves in your absence. forgive me if I seem to contradict myself I am just trying to emphasize the importance of using judgement & just knowing whether its serious enough of a situation to even bother reacting too. God says that he will temper our strength with forgiveness!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by a4sport,Apr 10 2005, 11:48 PM
you should maybe edit the part about the "not to be racist but..." comment since it is in deed racist and ignorant on your behalf.
It's not racist and definately not ignorant. It may be if it were unfounded prejudice but he said it himself that it has been his experience that this is true. What he says is probably true, especially when you compare a "white person" to an "asian person"... thought what he's probably comparing is an American to a first or second generation Asian Americans, respectively. Asians are just generally more reserved and not as outspoken (thus we have the stereotypical quiet non-outgoing Asian)... but thats just how it is in most Asian cultures...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:59 AM

Hi, Wayne! That guy was truly an idiot, no matter what color he is.

btw, I'm Caucasion and I *AM* the minority in LA county....

Old 04-11-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Question

I'm Caucasian and I think your right, I do have a tendency to speak my mind but most of the time I just give the evil eye Your nabor should be glad that your his nabor and not me I would of called him out in a second, thanks to my wonderful short temper.

Oh and Mike, it's Caucasian not Caucasion .... you bad grammar nija you
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=WayneTeK,Apr 10 2005, 11:40 PM] He is pulling into his drive way but is going hella slowwwwww.

Quick Reply: Road Rage from a driver... WTF? He's crazy..