California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

S2K Auto Repair Shop

Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I lived in LA I would still make the drive to ballade sports lol glad I live in garden grove tho ! Haha 10 out of 10 recommend Alex and Matt always treat me like I'm part of them and explain everything in a easy way
Old 10-22-2016, 08:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ like I said, their work speaks for itself.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE driving my s2000 I look at it as a fun trip and that much more time I get to spend behind the wheel! But you're absolutely right, the work speaks for itself, no matter the distance. Hell, I've seen people ship their s2000 out of state just to get work done. What's a hour drive? Nothin! BOOM
Old 10-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
Actually, it does take *that* long. Frankly, the original statement was, "your work is that good, no need to give false statements of distance to lure people into your shop".

It was a simple mistake, ball parked an estimated time and was off. If the post could have been edited, it would have, however that function is currently disabled. We're simply offering the OP a solution for his services, not trying to "lure" anyone to our shop.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BalladeSports
Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-' timestamp='1477151842' post='24089691
Actually, it does take *that* long. Frankly, the original statement was, "your work is that good, no need to give false statements of distance to lure people into your shop".

It was a simple mistake, ball parked an estimated time and was off. If the post could have been edited, it would have, however that function is currently disabled. We're simply offering the OP a solution for his services, not trying to "lure" anyone to our shop.
Don't worry about it, no big deal. You guys are a good shop. Traffic varies day to day here in LA so there is no set time on how long it takes to get anywhere. Last time I went the on week day I was able to get to your place from Pasadena in about 45 minutes. Going back... well thats another story. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 AM

I have to thank everybody for their suggestions. This was exactly the input I was looking for. Always good to have options.

dv55xc- Normally things like transmission fluid, differential, and oil changes and things I would tackle myself. But I'm now garageless and thus I'm forced to find a place I trust to do most of this now. :/

Zeqs - Thanks, Pro Auto Repair looks to be the closest to me so I will most likely be checking them out first.

I've heard nothing but good things about both Ballad and Evasive so for more extensive work I will certainly be looking into them.

Thanks again guys!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:33 PM

Honestly, all the shops mentioned are good shops that will take care of you. In SoCal, you have more than a handful of good choices.

Please do not take it as I was bashing on Ballade's work. Their work speaks for itself. Only thing I was bringing up was that 30 minutes to get there from Hollywood is unrealistic. With that said though, make an appointment, and make a day of OC. There are things to do and plenty of S2K members there and many with notice will be willing to grab a bite or a drink with you. Even do a bit of k1 karting with you. Some might even be in ballade's or evasive's area and will grab lunch with you if you want to drop your car off to get worked on.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by -=Zeqs=-
Please do not take it as I was bashing on Ballade's work. Their work speaks for itself. Only thing I was bringing up was that 30 minutes to get there from Hollywood is unrealistic. .
My thoughts exactly! I live 6 miles from work and it takes me 35 minutes LA life.
Anyway, Thanks for posting this and for all the suggestions. I've been in the same boat...garage, tool-less, and don't have my S2k buddies like before. I just need a new throttle position sensor and new convertible top and can't afford to miss a day of work or spend on roundtrip uber ride+the repair cost--don't have the same income like I used to so it's been on hold.

I've gone to Evasive and did like their service. But I'll be trying Pro Auto Repair since they are less than hour away-cheaper uber ride.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I would also like to very highly recommend Tony Fuch.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mid-valley-...epair-winnetka

I've had work done at a bunch of the shops listed, they all have their strengths and weaknesses so I would recommend either Alex at Ballade or Tony at Mid-Valley. They'll both take the time to explain the work, show it, the whole 9 yards, great guys. They also can both get busy, so if you're patient, you'll get great service.

For alignments none other then West End Alignment. Make sure you request to sit in your car as they align it, Darren and Chris (his son) do great work and it's best if you know the settings you want beforehand.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-alignment-gardena
Old 10-28-2016, 03:48 PM

I agree with West End for alignments. Chris and Darren are the gold standard of alignments

Quick Reply: S2K Auto Repair Shop