California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

San Diego Christmas Drive 12/20

Old 12-17-2001, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gang, sorry to take so long posting this. Tom was quick to provide the info; I've been buried in Christmas stuff this weekend and have just now had time to put the word out. Here's the gist of Tom's messages:

It turns out that the Union-Tribune had a large article about Christmas Card Lane in their North Inland section yesterday. Here's a link to the story: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontr...1m14tfrpen.html,

I'd suggest that we meet around 7:00 PM at the Rancho Penasquitos Town Center parking lot at Black Mountain and Paseo Montalban. This is a pretty large strip mall. Probably the best place to meet would be in the Washington Mutual Bank parking lot, since it will be closed then and it's separated from the main lot. We can then proceed up Black Mountain to Oviedo Street. If anyone's interested, we can meet back at our house for hot coffee and hot chocolate or people can bring beer or wine and something to munch on.

Here is the URL for a the general area of Rancho Penasquitos that's referred to "Christmas Tree Lane". Almost every home in a several block area is completely lit with "Christmas cards" on the lawn.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...A&zipcode=92129

Okay, gang, let's have your feedback.

cal
Old 12-17-2001, 05:49 PM

I can't come on the 20th as we will be at the airport that evening picking up Colleen's mum for the holiday, she's flying in from PA.

We were really looking forward to the run but it is the only night we can't come.

Hope you all have fun.

By the way, thanks for all the input on the web graphics, I have been really buried this week and will be until the new year now, but there is a lot more volunteering that needs to be done by others to organize the rest of the Team SD web content, I'm happy to do the graphics but I'm no web guru, we need someone to manage the content.

Joel
Old 12-17-2001, 06:05 PM

Wouldn't you know it, I've come down with a case of the crud this afternoon, but have every intention of making it. This sounds to cool to miss!

Sorry you can't make it Joel...
Old 12-17-2001, 06:23 PM

If you're planning to stop by our house after the drive for hot coffe or hot chocolate, please let me know directly by replying to the e-mail I sent. We're just down Black Mountain a little ways from Christmas Card Lane. Let me know if you're bringing a spouse or significant other also. If you want, bring some beer or wine and some munchies (chips and salsa, pretzels, chips and dip, etc). For convenience, you could stop at the Von's by Washington Mutual on the way back. If you're interested in taking a dip in the spa to warm up, bring your bathing suit and a towel.

Hope to see everyone on Thursday!
Old 12-18-2001, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, Sorry I wanted to go but can't. My car is in the shop for a couple of days so I'll miss it.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by cthree
Hmmm, Sorry I wanted to go but can't. My car is in the shop for a couple of days so I'll miss it.
You can go and ride along in someone else's car. If I end up going, I'll have an empty seat if you want to ride with me. I have to find out if my plans are cancelled on Thurs or not first though.

David
Old 12-18-2001, 01:25 PM

I sould have some time to go out for the run.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:40 PM

Is this still on for Thursday or would it be better to choose another date...Where's Jason, Brian, Ken etc?
Old 12-18-2001, 11:00 PM
jzr

Originally posted by BobsS2000
Is this still on for Thursday or would it be better to choose another date...Where's Jason, Brian, Ken etc?
Unfortunately I can't make it that night guys - it's my company's Christmas party.

It's a bummer too, I haven't been through that neighborhood for some time. I grew up on Davenport, right off of Oviedo...

Have fun guys, and be safe!
Old 12-19-2001, 12:14 AM

So far, we've pretty much heard from people who CAN'T go. Will those who CAN go please sign on?

I'd say if we don't have more than 5-6 cars maybe we should try for another night, especially since there's a possibility of rain Thursday or Friday. The question then would be what alternative night would work? Christmas is next Tuesday!

cal

Quick Reply: San Diego Christmas Drive 12/20