California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

USC Motorsports Club

Old 09-01-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USC Motorsports Club

Hey guys I'm looking to start up a car club at USC. I'm looking for anyone to help me run the club during the school year.

The club is going to focus around any auto motorsport and is open to domestics and imports. It doesn't matter what type of car you have.

In fact, even if you or your friends don't have a car at SC, if you are a car enthusiast, you should still join since there will be some events not involving cars.

Similar to other clubs, while the title is Motorsports, there will be events which aren't always centered around the title of the club.

If we get enough members, the club should be able to provide discounts from vendors and motorsport events.

Preferably I'd like someone that knows alot about the domestic and european market to help me (I have an Evo so I have no knowledge of the local vendors available for both), but help from anyone would be great.

I have talked to the UCLA car club president and I'm sure we could provide joint events in the future.

I will explain alot more in detail of what I have planned. The deadline for the club to be recognized is October 1st - idealy I'd like to have the club recognized way before this since the school year has already started.

If you have seen this thread on other forums please don't label it spamming. I am just trying to find USC students that are car enthusiasts.

If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to email me (I might miss your reply to this thread or PM!). Also, please forward this to other friends attending USC that would be interested. Thanks!

Dennis Wu
denniswu@usc.edu
Old 09-02-2004, 05:50 AM

Received 1,177 Likes on 905 Posts

You should tailgate with us before games.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:44 AM

"I have talked to the UCLA car club president and I'm sure we could provide joint events in the future."

I just hope these won't become rivaled drag races
Old 09-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Kel

Originally Posted by RhinoS2K,Sep 2 2004, 08:44 AM
"I have talked to the UCLA car club president and I'm sure we could provide joint events in the future."

I just hope these won't become rivaled drag races
On the other hand, you could ahve rival track days at Streets of Big track. Time Attack or something
Old 09-02-2004, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Sep 2 2004, 09:52 AM
On the other hand, you could ahve rival track days at Streets of Big track. Time Attack or something
true, but do you think guys in the college days are really that level headed?? there will bound to be a few idiots out there. And even if they take to the track, a typical response for a UCLA loss would be.. "well all you guys from usc are spoiled little brats who have the money to put some good stuff in your cars" etc etc...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:47 AM

Received 1,177 Likes on 905 Posts

Yeah, they do whine a lot.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:55 AM

I wanted to start something up like this when I was at USC...too bad ive graduated. My roommate and I would love to beat on some UCLA cars at willow... Anyone know about any track days this weekend? Willow springs or button willow?

thanks
chris
Old 09-02-2004, 12:09 PM

Yea Trojans!

Well I'm a senior now at USC and am planning to graduate this year (if all goes well). Anyways, our school has some pretty nice cars- look at PSX (I parked at PSD all last year). I can help you out with the European cars- I had an 03 A4 before I got my S, but now my sister has the car. I know a bunch of shops near school that are really knowledgable. Anyways, let's get the club rollin'!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by haninman,Sep 2 2004, 12:09 PM
Yea Trojans!

Well I'm a senior now at USC and am planning to graduate this year (if all goes well). Anyways, our school has some pretty nice cars- look at PSX (I parked at PSD all last year). I can help you out with the European cars- I had an 03 A4 before I got my S, but now my sister has the car. I know a bunch of shops near school that are really knowledgable. Anyways, let's get the club rollin'!
did your new rims finally come in yet? I want to seee some pictures!

Intersting how many board members are Trojans and not once I have seen a Bruin speak up? (no intention to start a war on this board haha)
Old 09-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by USCdrifter,Sep 2 2004, 12:55 PM
I wanted to start something up like this when I was at USC...too bad ive graduated. My roommate and I would love to beat on some UCLA cars at willow... Anyone know about any track days this weekend? Willow springs or button willow?

thanks
chris
Streets of Willow with Speedventures is this weekend.

Quick Reply: USC Motorsports Club