S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   2009 acura tl (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/2009-acura-tl-651241/)

hirev 11-24-2008 10:39 AM

2009 acura tl

I was at the sf auto show yesterday. I love my 2004 TL with nav and 6 speed,along with all the foibles it has hp+fwd=torque steet, clutch delay valve, etc....but....i looked at the 2009 TL....

This is a seriously ugly car, they have ruined their best seller. what was once nice smooth lines that reminded of mercedes and bmw, now looks like somebody took allot of angles and curves and threw them against the wall, whatever stuck wherever it stuck=the new TL....

So I went to the Acura guy and told him, he laughed and said they have had "mixed" reviews from customers. What a major dissapointment, and yes i have read the articles and seen the photo shoots...man in person it is yugo ugly, perhaps the guy who designed the pontiac aztec got the bid?

on the other hand i would favor the awd 305 hp no clutch delay valve system in the new car.

the interior is just like mine, except it now has a swept back look, better seat materials, but it soooo ugly to behold...

thebig33tuna 11-24-2008 10:41 AM

i've actually already seen a handful of them driving on the streets here in cinci.. every time i'm surprised. can't believe anyone would buy a car that ugly...

the back end is growing on me, but that front is awful.

al4t1gbundy 11-24-2008 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna,Nov 24 2008, 11:41 AM
i've actually already seen a handful of them driving on the streets here in cinci.. every time i'm surprised. can't believe anyone would buy a car that ugly...

the back end is growing on me, but that front is awful.

tastes are subjective ... but then again some people buy brands and would buy cars such as bimmers that look like turds even if the CEO comes out and proclaim that they purposely make the vehicles ugly :D

Now when you're getting "mixed" reviews that means YOUR CAR IS UGLY. From a TL that was loved by most people appearance wise .. to a "mixed" review should signal to Honda to fire all their god damn design teams.

Mr.E.G. 11-24-2008 01:46 PM

i do not think that the car looks particularly good. i dont see it and think "ooooh, that car is beautiful" but it certainly doesn't look that bad to me.

sahtt 11-24-2008 01:53 PM

It's on par with the bangle mangle. At least it's only the TL and not the entire lineup at this point.

Euclid 11-24-2008 02:12 PM

I have to say that usually when I see cars in pics online that I don't like, I tend to like them more after seeing them in person. The opposite is true with the TL. Having roamed around the Acura lot looking at them from every angle, the car looks worse in person than in photos.

Luke 813 11-24-2008 02:18 PM

Unfortunately for acura, they have a great line up of cars but they are almost all ugly at this point. Quite a shame, but I bet Infinity and Lexus are happy.

Spec_Ops2087 11-24-2008 02:28 PM

It looks better in person to be perfectly honest but yes the styling has something to be desired. It's also still a wonderful car interior wise.

Yellow_S 11-24-2008 02:57 PM

I've seen it in person and it looked very good to me. The interior was very nice too.

Popeye 11-24-2008 04:18 PM

There is nothing in the 2009 Acura line-up that excites me or makes me want to trade up to

The opposite was true in 1999...so in 10 years Tom Elliott ,Dave Marek and the rest of the morons in Torrance have f-ed up Honda's luxo-divison