S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Buying a used Telsa; considerations? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/buying-used-telsa%3B-considerations-1180635/)

mosesbotbol 02-06-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower (Post 24416976)
LOL what? Says the Lotus, AM, Jag fanboy.

Electric cars are for utility. The cars I buy are art. :thumbup:

ishtori5 02-07-2018 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 24416984)
Electric cars are for utility. The cars I buy are art. :thumbup:

Utility are all the other electrics cars...Tesla is approaching the electric car with a different path by selling it as luxury performance oriented. And I think it is working...

Saki GT 02-07-2018 09:33 AM

Musk just sold a run of $500 flame throwers to raise capital and they sold out in like a day. With people throwing money at him, Tesla and his other ventures can keep going for a long time...

To some of the previous posts, it amazes me that there isn't one large manufacturer that is really going after Tesla. Electric cars have crap ranges for the most part, or their styling and materials is just bad. I don't understand how GM for example can look at a Tesla 3 and spit out a Bolt, or Nissan, a Leaf, when there is such a clear target on the board.

Combine manufacturing capability with some decent design and they could own this market, but it seems Nissan is content with volume and GM... well who knows what GM is thinking.

mosesbotbol 02-07-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ishtori5 (Post 24417288)
Utility are all the other electrics cars...Tesla is approaching the electric car with a different path by selling it as luxury performance oriented. And I think it is working...

I find the Tesla designs aesthetically pleasing and most would agree. Tesla has to be careful about not becoming too cliche like driving a Prius. When the cliche is first thing that comes to mind, it can sour or cloud the consumer's impression.

Elistan 02-07-2018 02:07 PM

When considering a used Tesla, be sure to have it checked for Van Allen radiation belt damage.
Also some of the interior trim could get damaged when exposed to lack of atmosphere.

JonBoy 02-07-2018 03:43 PM

:rofl:

ishtori5 02-08-2018 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT (Post 24417409)
Musk just sold a run of $500 flame throwers to raise capital and they sold out in like a day. With people throwing money at him, Tesla and his other ventures can keep going for a long time...

To some of the previous posts, it amazes me that there isn't one large manufacturer that is really going after Tesla. Electric cars have crap ranges for the most part, or their styling and materials is just bad. I don't understand how GM for example can look at a Tesla 3 and spit out a Bolt, or Nissan, a Leaf, when there is such a clear target on the board.

Combine manufacturing capability with some decent design and they could own this market, but it seems Nissan is content with volume and GM... well who knows what GM is thinking.

Yeah, I don't quite understand this either. Bolt or Leaf are nice cars but they look terrible inside and out and certainly do not perform nearly as well. Hell, even BMW's i3 cars are on the other end of spectrum in terms of design and performance (185 width tires, really?)

Maybe Musk is truly a genius and Tesla is really 5+ years ahead of everyone else...Like I said before, Tesla already has huge cult following all over the world (think Apple-ish) by the time everyone else catches up, it will be too late.

Mr.E.G. 02-08-2018 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Elistan (Post 24417531)
When considering a used Tesla, be sure to have it checked for Van Allen radiation belt damage.
Also some of the interior trim could get damaged when exposed to lack of atmosphere.

Hahahaha.

Pinky 02-09-2018 07:05 AM

One statistic that people need to think about. They said that they will be pushing out 10,000 cars a WEEK. Let's let that sink in a little and do some math.
10,000 / 7 days = 1,428.57 cars per DAY.
Let's assume that they are a 24/7 operation with NO DOWN TIME.
1,428.57 / 24 hours = 59.52 cars per HOUR
59.52 / 60 minutes = 0.992 cars PER MINUTE!!!!

Ok, let's just round it to a simplistic 1 car PER MINUTE every single day from now till the end of the year without missing a beat. Oh and they are supposed to be making at the same time now what the S, X, and the 3? There is also the Y(not sure if that's the roadster), the tractor trailer truck too?

I just think they are going to set themselves up if they don't keep up the QUALITY that they could really get into trouble.

Elistan 02-09-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pinky (Post 24418324)
They said that they will be pushing out 10,000 cars a WEEK.

Did they? I found one article saying they're up to 1000 Model 3s per week, 1/10th of your number.
They delivered 103,097 vehicles in 2017 - that's 1982 cars per week.
Maybe they'd like to hit 10k per week eventually? I don't see it happening any time soon, though.