S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   can you make a viper into a comperable ACR? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/can-you-make-viper-into-comperable-acr-652333/)

Scot 11-29-2008 08:49 AM

can you make a viper into a comperable ACR?

if you swapped tires/wheels / suspension and a few body pieces, couldn't you essentially make a 2005-6-7-8 viper into an ACR?

same 600hp and very similar to stock weight.

just curious.

Ks320 11-29-2008 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scot,Nov 29 2008, 12:49 PM
if you swapped tires/wheels / suspension and a few body pieces, couldn't you essentially make a 2005-6-7-8 viper into an ACR?

same 600hp and very similar to stock weight.

just curious.

I dunno about Viper and the ACT specifically, but in general, the answer is "it depends" on how you look at it.

You can get the car to perform somewhat close, but the performance figures won't be as impressive. Take a look at other similar situtations like Integra GSR vs ITR,
3-series vs M3 (or even M3 vs M3 CSL), NSX vs NSX-R, F430 vs F430 Scuderia, etc

Those cars don't have huge differences in their engine power outputs, but performance figures are very different given most "tuning" were done at the suspension and aerodynamics level. There are many little bits and pieces that come to add up to the equation (like slight changes to the engine, and transmission and other parts), and one could replaces those simpler "upgraded" parts to the base model, but most likely it won't get you there. And digging into those fine details would simply cost too much ...

Weight savings and aerodynamics are perhaps the two that are quite costly, yet look relatively small things in the big picture ... but still add a lot to the performance change? I dunno ... I'm just rambling

Cthemall123 11-29-2008 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ks320,Nov 29 2008, 11:06 AM
I dunno about Viper and the ACT specifically, but in general, the answer is "it depends" on how you look at it.

You can get the car to perform somewhat close, but the performance figures won't be as impressive. Take a look at other similar situtations like Integra GSR vs ITR,
3-series vs M3 (or even M3 vs M3 CSL), NSX vs NSX-R, F430 vs F430 Scuderia, etc

Those cars don't have huge differences in their engine power outputs, but performance figures are very different given most "tuning" were done at the suspension and aerodynamics level. There are many little bits and pieces that come to add up to the equation (like slight changes to the engine, and transmission and other parts), and one could replaces those simpler "upgraded" parts to the base model, but most likely it won't get you there. And digging into those fine details would simply cost too much ...

Weight savings and aerodynamics are perhaps the two that are quite costly, yet look relatively small things in the big picture ... but still add a lot to the performance change? I dunno ... I'm just rambling

:thumbup:
well said..

unless you have a wind tunnel available for testing, i dont think custom tuning will match factory tuned cars.

SiKiller 11-29-2008 10:47 AM

plus the viper acr isn't even that expensive over the regular model

illdiealonlyazn 11-29-2008 11:04 AM

however if im not mistaken the ACR has NO engine modifications over the regular viper. I'm pretty sure the distinction between the two is the same distinction between the base s2000 and the CR.

Onehots2k 11-29-2008 02:22 PM

More is never enough

Scot 11-29-2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by SiKiller,Nov 29 2008, 02:47 PM
plus the viper acr isn't even that expensive over the regular model

talking about a used viper though.... $55k for a used Viper.. throw some $ at it and you are close for way less....

luder_5555 11-29-2008 05:08 PM

unlss you are tracking hardcore, why would you want an acr, less mpg, and less high speed acceleration, too much downforce

Yellow_S 11-29-2008 05:17 PM

You sold your Z06 because you didn't like how it felt big, and now you're looking into a Viper? It will feel even bigger. ;)

Christople 11-29-2008 05:55 PM

TORQUE FOR THE WIN BABY!