S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Decision, decision.... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/decision-decision-106469/)

RM 4 2 02-21-2003 07:49 PM

Hey, folks.

First of all, howdy everyone!! I'm in the market and looking for a sport, Go-Cart fun to drive kindda car. First, I was thinking of something cheap 'n fun aka Miata, or MR2. But, after I decided to sell some gears to help funding the car, I've raised the bar up a little bit. Now after the bar has been raised, the choices became more difficult! Within 30k-34k, I got S2000, 350Z, and RX8!

I know, I know, just go drive one and decide for myself. I think I still need some input from you guys, S2k lovers and owners, what do you thinking of 'em VS S2k( 'cause I'm leaning toward the S2k), what do you thinking of it when it right beside you at a stop light. And also when you go test drive, you can't really drive it the way it should be driven, unlike in real life, so any inputs are welcome!

This is also my first post, please easy on me. Thanks guys:D

Later.

LIL RAJA 02-21-2003 08:17 PM

RM 4 2,
pm ME if you want a ride in S2k.
I like the 350z, it's a nice car.
rx8 - i pass cuz it looks like a knock off s2k.

so it's basicly 350z vs. s2k.
now you just have to decide if you want a car with a lot of interaction or just a nice v6 car?
the s2k is more of a race car without the no nonsense options like dsc, vsc, asc etc.
u have to know how to drive a car to drive the s2k.

but i think u will be happier with the s2k.
i got a lot of compliment on this car and i truely love it.
it's a car for real enthus.

LIL Raja

GalvestonVTEC 02-21-2003 08:45 PM

Are you sure you want to rule out the Impreza STi and Lancer Evolution?

RM 4 2 02-21-2003 08:46 PM

Hey, thanks for the offer, LiL RAJA. That's very cool of you:thumbup:

You have the piont, RX8 to me is too much and too many stuff going on in the cockpit too, plus, a Nav.!? A Nav. in a sport car? Can't imagine Ferrari or Lambogini start to offer in one of thier cars:rolleyes:

I drove MR2 and Miata, and love the MR2 more 'cause it raw road handleling, and that mid engine is so cheerful to rev. After I went to Honda dealer yesterday with my wife, She went to look at an '03 Accord. And the result?, I came home with the idea of raise the budget from 20k to 30k!!!

Now I have to do some homework before go back to the dealer again. Who knows, next time I might drive one home :)

Thanks for your input again, LIL RAJA!! and keep 'em coming.

RM 4 2 02-21-2003 08:57 PM

Originally posted by GalvestonVTEC

Are you sure you want to rule out the Impreza STi and Lancer Evolution?

See..., the thing is..., Three boxes design kindda sedan are not for me, and that's another reason I like to look at MR2 over Miata( but if you change the handling that I like in MR2, I wouldn't buy it either, regardless how edgy it look).

Thanks, though, GalvestonVTEC. Impreza at <>4.2sec., and Evo at <>5.4sec. can't be deny, of cause.;) I just have gotta find that fine line of the perfect compromise.

I think I forgot to tell ya, man. I'm an EXTREMELY one picky bastard!:p

GalvestonVTEC 02-22-2003 08:56 AM

Well, if style influences your decision that much, I suggest you also look at used C5 Corvettes and used NSXs, though they maybe a bit more money.... if the Corvette's butt isn't too big for you, and the NSX's stock wheels aren't too small. ;)

LIL RAJA 02-22-2003 09:51 AM

he's gonna have to double his initial 20k to 40k to get into a nice c5 or nsx. :-)
nsx would be so nice though. especially a monte carlo blue or yellow with targa top.

lil raja

GalvestonVTEC 02-22-2003 03:50 PM

My friend was looking at a '98 Vette for $25k just a few days ago, and a new one is somewhere around $40k, right? I was basing my guess on Corvette prices on that.

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000540.html

That is a '91 NSX for sale for $32,000, with 36k miles. Unless that is an especially good deal, I think he could find a NSX in his price range too. Sure, it's an old car, but the mileage isn't too bad.

RM 4 2 02-22-2003 09:23 PM

I like the NSX( in yellow) more than the Vett, actually. The price range also out of my reach, but HELL YAH!!!, those are cars that kick some major @ss!!!

Now back to the reality, I read about RX8 today, and it wasn't a good review. Compare to all the review about 350Z, I don't think RX8( all that much) worth the money. The 350Z probably a little ahead of S2000 in city traffic sittuations, but they both would be real fun too watch on a twisty highway.

Anyway, it's an apple to orange kindda comparison. I think MX5, Boxter and Z3 are more in common. If that's so, the choice is clear..........:rev:

If the main concern is not about open-top or hard-top, but performance, speed, handling, and to full fill our dream about being behind the wheel of a million dollars, exotic super sport car, then this two choices would be hard enough to make me not have a good sleep 'till I get it over with. :banghead:

Thanks everyone, and keep 'em coming.

LIL RAJA 02-23-2003 08:16 AM

i say s2k cuz they will have million 350z on the road by summer. They are importing 30k 350z and another 5-7k g35c, so that car will be everywhere especially in this area where people have a lot of $$. So if you want rare and fun car for those nice long drive in leesburg, this is ur MOBILE. :-)

LIL Raja