S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Gloves and boots (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/gloves-boots-317764/)

YellowFever 08-30-2005 03:09 PM

Gloves and boots

I'm buying gear for my first bike. Already decided on helmet (scropion exo700) and jacket (joe rocket supermoto). I need advice on a pair of great gloves and boots.

3ngin33r1 08-31-2005 10:25 AM

I enjoy the JR GPX gloves. Or, if you want to match, JR has Supermotto gloves as well.

As far as boots, I have tried many but finally settled on the Diadora Evolution Veratex.

By far, one of the most confortable boots I've worn.

Kekoa 08-31-2005 10:54 AM

I've tried several pairs of gloves and opted for HELD. They cost me around $130. they aren't all blingly like some of the A*'s, but are made very very well to protect.

For boots I like the A* Smx-2 or i hear Sidis are great too!!

BlueS2000Boy 09-02-2005 12:57 PM

i have astar gp plus gloves for the street and sidi vertigo corsa's for the street

and astar gp tech gloves and super tech boots for the track. but i am thinking about getting another set of corsa's for the track. they are just too good.
i also have all the rossi gear but its pretty expensive since its all Dainese not really worth it for the average rider.

freq 09-02-2005 01:01 PM

I don't care if they're Leather work gloves and over the ankle Herman Survivors.

Just wear SOMETHING. PLEASE.

Kekoa 09-02-2005 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by freq,Sep 2 2005, 01:01 PM
I don't care if they're Leather work gloves and over the ankle Herman Survivors.

Just wear SOMETHING. PLEASE.

IMO, if its not good fitting, quality leather then why wear anything at all??? :confused:

freq 09-02-2005 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kekoa,Sep 2 2005, 05:21 PM
IMO, if its not good fitting, quality leather then why wear anything at all??? :confused:

Who said anything about ill-fitting? I have seen some of the Joe Rocket gear (especially the early years) and except for looks I would rather wear the leather work gloves.

freq 09-02-2005 01:47 PM

Kekoa, you are preaching to the choir. I have A* gloves, boots and a back protector. I have a custom set of Vansons and wear an ARAI helmet. And that is just my track gear.

Now with that said, you'd rather wreck with NO GLOVES than wear some leather WORK GLOVES. I think not. You're smarter than that, right?

JayDeeEm 09-02-2005 03:47 PM

I like A* gloves and boots which I have but I think I'm gonna try out some Sidi's next...

gfacter 09-02-2005 04:06 PM

I have a pair of Sidi GT SympaTex boots they are 5 years old have about 45K miles on them and one off. They are still holding up great. Very comfy, waterproof and good protection.

I also have pair of Sidi Vertebra race boots, they are very squeaky not as comfy, but offer better protection. They have a off too.

I also have some AGV boots that I almost wore a hole through to my toes (after the slider) This was before I learned to hang of the bike properly,

I will buy Sidi again. :thumbup:

Gloves, I have Helds (the Steve model) now, I really like them, super soft and very good touch. Weird sizes though, try before you buy.

I also wore out some Olympia gels, for the track I have some AGVs.