S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Got rid of one S for Another... well kind of (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/got-rid-one-s-another-well-kind-935018/)

s.hasan546 03-06-2012 07:45 PM

Got rid of one S for Another... well kind of

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys decided today to get rid of my 07 s2000. Gonna fix a few issues and sell it in about another month or two.

Bought a 2009 Lotus Exige S240 today. 2900 miles. Red interior. It had the Blade 300 kit already installed by a local lotus dealer. put down 264 whp.

Initial impressions during my test drive were amazing. The second i got out of 2nd gear i was sold. I had to have it.
This car pulls and handles like nothing I've ever driven before. The handling is insane. The steering feel is astonishing. No power steering.
It felt like i could feel every little thing the front tires touched. I can't wait to get this thing to a track :)

The only car i want to get after this is the Atom, which i plan on buying next summer (2013).
1M will be the daily now. Got rid of the GTI.

fernando. 03-06-2012 07:51 PM

Jealous of both. :thumbup:

GTIWV 03-06-2012 07:55 PM

Baller

V TACH 03-07-2012 04:01 AM

Very well done! As a former Exige S owner and a current 1M owner I agree with your taste! I think the Exige is one of the most fun cars out there--even compared to cars that cost 3x's as much. I routinely eyeball Exiges on Ebay and Lotustalk on a regular basis--if the right one comes along I would love to own another. Congrats!

s.hasan546 03-07-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by V TACH (Post 21484952)
Very well done! As a former Exige S owner and a current 1M owner I agree with your taste! I think the Exige is one of the most fun cars out there--even compared to cars that cost 3x's as much. I routinely eyeball Exiges on Ebay and Lotustalk on a regular basis--if the right one comes along I would love to own another. Congrats!

Thanks! How have you liked your 1M so far? I think it's one of the best DDs under $100k IMHO. Why'd you get rid of the Exige btw? Have you tracked it? how was that? Im itching to tune the 1M soon :drool:

Jumpman2k 03-07-2012 06:48 AM

Saw one of these in black/red recently. Must admit feeling slight twinge of jealousy, lol. Sweet car, congrats :-)

rwheelz 03-07-2012 07:25 AM

AWESOME. Without asking anything personal, what is the price range on these used Lotuses (loti?)?

s.hasan546 03-07-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rwheelz (Post 21485597)
AWESOME. Without asking anything personal, what is the price range on these used Lotuses (loti?)?

It's funny b.c these cars have been slowly appreciating/holding value very well.

06-07s sell for about $40k.
08-10 sell for $48k+.
08 with high mileage (20k) is about $49k.

09+ is better though b.c they have upgraded suspension + big upgrade in brakes.
i paid about $55k. It would have been less but i wanted a exige with no track miles, documented history & low miles.

I bought the car from Autosport Designs here in Long Island, NY. I trust them. They did all the work on the car & most of the miles on the car were done by them lol. The owner and all the guys who work there are freaking awesome!
Also im a young guy. Ive had tons of "exotic" and even mercedes/bmw/audi dealerships treat me like dicks if i come on a saturday dressed normally. Of course if i walk in in my normal suit w/ nice watch; etc they treat me like gold. This place treats everyone like gold no matter what. I walked in looking like a bum, to talk about the car. The second i asked they said i had to see it and than after seeing it they say you have to drive this thing it's insane. They really are just car nuts that treat you like a friend more than a customer. They never tried to sell me the car. The 2nd gear pull & the first turn sold me the car.

Autosportdesigns.com check out some of their inventory. Mostly classics. :drool:

s2kpdx01 03-07-2012 10:14 AM

Congrats, nice car. The ingress and egress on the lotus just always put me off. I'm not that big 6'1 185. It always felt like a chore. It was fun to drive though.

d1rtyc4r 03-07-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by s.hasan546 (Post 21484299)
Hey guys decided today to get rid of my 07 s2000. Gonna fix a few issues and sell it in about another month or two.

Bought a 2009 Lotus Exige S240 today. 2900 miles. Red interior. It had the Blade 300 kit already installed by a local lotus dealer. put down 264 whp.

Initial impressions during my test drive were amazing. The second i got out of 2nd gear i was sold. I had to have it.
This car pulls and handles like nothing I've ever driven before. The handling is insane. The steering feel is astonishing. No power steering.
It felt like i could feel every little thing the front tires touched. I can't wait to get this thing to a track :)

The only car i want to get after this is the Atom, which i plan on buying next summer (2013).
1M will be the daily now. Got rid of the GTI.

Nice stable. Must be fun to wakeup and be like "what should I drive to work today?".