S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Recommend Trucks/Suv with ability for front mount trailer hitch (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/recommend-trucks-suv-ability-front-mount-trailer-hitch-1190591/)

ZSAK 12-27-2018 02:06 PM

I didn’t know they would be that spendy! I mBtw just found a pic of our setup.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...a92dc6d40.jpeg

Saki GT 12-27-2018 03:22 PM

I'd just buy a tractor and a snow plow for it. $500-1,000 and be done with it.

vader1 12-27-2018 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Saki GT (Post 24548073)
I'd just buy a tractor and a snow plow for it. $500-1,000 and be done with it.

If you mean like a garden/lawn tractor, the one I have now is a top of the line Husqvarna and I think it is 700 pounds. They make a plow for it, which is only another $500 but it is a two wheeled drive tractor and even with snow chains and wheel weights for the tires they are rumored to get stuck pretty easy, although I never tried it. That would make for the cheapest solution and I suppose I could give it a try at a risk of $500 and see how it goes. We only get super deep snow here every few years where I would really worry a lot and everything under 6 inches would probably be fine, and you can always plow periodically throughout a storm when you expect more.

DizingsS2K makes a good recommendation too, I was quoted $300 a year for a plow service and it would take 20 years at that price before I would spend the same on even a quad with a plow. I expect to be dead in 30.

GH89 12-27-2018 06:17 PM

@ZSAK super cool!

sam_spider 12-28-2018 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by vader1 (Post 24548110)
If you mean like a garden/lawn tractor, the one I have now is a top of the line Husqvarna and I think it is 700 pounds. They make a plow for it, which is only another $500 but it is a two wheeled drive tractor and even with snow chains and wheel weights for the tires they are rumored to get stuck pretty easy, although I never tried it. That would make for the cheapest solution and I suppose I could give it a try at a risk of $500 and see how it goes. We only get super deep snow here every few years where I would really worry a lot and everything under 6 inches would probably be fine, and you can always plow periodically throughout a storm when you expect more.

DizingsS2K makes a good recommendation too, I was quoted $300 a year for a plow service and it would take 20 years at that price before I would spend the same on even a quad with a plow. I expect to be dead in 30.

We tried a plow on our Cub Cadet mower several years back, it sucked. Anything more than 2-3 inches and it just couldn't handle it.

$300 for plow service is cheap, I'd go that route for sure.

Dizings2k 12-28-2018 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by vader1 (Post 24548110)

Yeah, I love the plow service. Works well for me as I have two young kids at home, so I'm short on time to screw around with snow, others situations may be different.