S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   So what are your favorite American car shows? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/so-what-your-favorite-american-car-shows-831206/)

Saki GT 11-22-2010 01:24 PM

So what are your favorite American car shows?

We all seem to think Top Gear UK is the epitome of what a good car show is, but what else do you watch that is actually on broadcast or cable tv in the States (not online, or downloaded)? How good do you think those shows are and how could they be improved?

Think shows like Motorweek, Trucks!, Orange County Choppers, etc...

Wildncrazy 11-22-2010 01:27 PM

TG USA :cool:

Not Sure 11-22-2010 01:36 PM

Battle of the Supercars. Paul Tracy talking crap about Tanner Foust is hilarious. It couldn't be improved any, it doesn't get all technical just two drivers challenging each other.

NFRs2000NYC 11-22-2010 09:21 PM

OCC used to be cool, but it kinda grew stale on me. Rides was also great.

To me, there are currently no good car shows on TV, just time killer shows.

Dr. WOT 11-23-2010 04:35 AM

Chasing Classics is great, but AFAIK they only made one season. Not a regular show, but SPEED's Victory by Design series was incredible. But that was more like 6 DVDs recut for TV.

Beyond that, it gets sketchy, I can't call anything a favorite. I watch Motorweek, but that can be painful at times. I'll watch the occasional Two Car Guys Garage... they had an interesting LS2/E30 M3 project this season. Battle of the Supercars is cheese, as was Tanner's earlier show, but I'd skim through these. I used to like Trucks back in the day, I enjoyed Stacey David's fabricating skills, my man could weld.

There's a scramble of mediocre stuff on HDT, Keith Martin's "What's My Car Worth" and "World's Most Expensive Cars," neither really holds my interest, but I guess it is better than wall-to-wall NASCAR. I can't watch any of the auctions shows, but I guess some people like them- my father in law can watch hours of Barrett Jackson. I think he likes it because he remembers the car from when he was younger, but I can't get past all the douchebags putting on a circus act for the cameras.

Ultimately there's very little to choose from. For all its shortcomings, TG USA is right at the top of the heap.

Traveldude 11-23-2010 04:50 AM

I was always a fan of Overhaulin'- although I think they stopped making new episodes. I always thought an Import Overhaulin' that TASTEFULLY made up imports could be pretty awesome.

I know it isn't a car show, but I recently discovered a show called "Cafe Racer" which doesnt deal with Harleys or Crotch Rockets and I find very interesting.

Mr.E.G. 11-23-2010 06:16 AM

Setup and Musclecar.

/thread.

Mr.E.G. 11-23-2010 06:19 AM

Also, I really love watching the show Pinks. That is to say that I ####ing hate the show so much that I can't hep but watch it every time i get a chance.

Hearing the way those hicks talk is priceless.

"You wer liftin'."

"Nah-ahh, brother. I was standin' on it."

sparrow 11-23-2010 06:50 AM

Chasing classic cars, Cafe Racer, Victory by design(best all time), Worlds most expensive vehicles, overhaulin, chop cut rebuild. Stacy Davids Gears.

Cafe racer is really really good. Entertaining from beginning to end. Historical and modern at the same time. Its my current number 1.

highwaystardoritos 11-23-2010 06:56 AM

uhhhh, i didn't know there were any.... :D