S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   2000 PY Integra Type R 00-1142 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/2000-py-integra-type-r-00-1142-a-1181724/)

blueprint 02-23-2019 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24569772)
I love what you have done with the car, but as a purist I also really love the way it was on page one of the thread. Look forward to continued updates on this car.

After the swap im going to focus on the suspension. Hopefully get a shake down done in the next month or two.

blueprint 02-23-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rwheelz (Post 24569763)
And then comes the boost?

Nothing beats the thrill of a high revving naturally aspirated Honda.

ssbfgc 02-23-2019 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint (Post 24569786)
Why start with a base Integra... I want the Best integra.

At the end of the day it's just money and im blessed to have lots of it.

Mature response. You have so much money you bought the best...Integra. Thanks for the smile today.

blueprint 02-23-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ssbfgc (Post 24569789)

Mature response. You have so much money you bought the best...Integra. Thanks for the smile today.

:)

zeroptzero 02-23-2019 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint (Post 24569788)
Nothing beats the thrill of a high revving naturally aspirated Honda.

Amen to that. Having now owned a modern Honda DIT engine car and my Acura Integra GS-R garage queen, I appreciate the old school high revving Honda motors more than ever now. They are a dying breed.

BTW, do you do anything to keep your 1320 header so clean looking ? I have one on my Acura Integra for a couple months now and it is turning more blotchy than anything, and it has far less miles on it than yours. I bought the 1320 header after reading your recommendation on it in this thread. I want to preserve the shiny look as long as possible.

blueprint 02-23-2019 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24569802)
Amen to that. Having now owned a modern Honda DIT engine car and my Acura Integra GS-R garage queen, I appreciate the old school high revving Honda motors more than ever now. They are a dying breed.

BTW, do you do anything to keep your 1320 header so clean looking ? I have one on my Acura Integra for a couple months now and it is turning more blotchy than anything, and it has far less miles on it than yours. I bought the 1320 header after reading your recommendation on it in this thread. I want to preserve the shiny look as long as possible.

Thats really strange... I've had my 1320 Toda Rep for 4-5 mos now with 2 track days and it still looks pretty good.

My buddy has a PLM rep and it looks fine also. Post a picture.

rwheelz 02-23-2019 05:03 PM

Base integra also did not come with a seam-welded chassis. The type R's are special. I love what you have done with the car. It looks perfect and I don't usually prefer the JDM front end.

blueprint 02-23-2019 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by rwheelz (Post 24569907)
Base integra also did not come with a seam-welded chassis. The type R's are special. I love what you have done with the car. It looks perfect and I don't usually prefer the JDM front end.

You can dump all kinds of money to a LS/GSR or even RS. It will never be a Type R. It is more than just the engine.

I do enjoy driving this car. I will enjoy driving her even more with a more modern engine.

zeroptzero 02-23-2019 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by rwheelz (Post 24569907)

I think that is an internet myth, ITR's are not seam welded in the true race car sense of the term. They had seam sealer applied to more areas, which does add some strength, but is nothing like seam welding. The ITR's had some stronger steel used in key areas, along with extra bracing, that's about it. I'm not taking anything away from the ITR they are fantastic vehicles right up there with the S2000, I just see that statement about seam welding used quite often but I have not seen any evidence of it other than the seam sealer pics.

blueprint 02-23-2019 06:05 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...8232a5d09f.jpg

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24569910)
I think that is an internet myth, ITR's are not seam welded in the true race car sense of the term. They had seam sealer applied to more areas, which does add some strength, but is nothing like seam welding. The ITR's had some stronger steel used in key areas, along with extra bracing, that's about it. I'm not taking anything away from the ITR they are fantastic vehicles right up there with the S2000, I just see that statement about seam welding used quite often but I have not seen any evidence of it other than the seam sealer pics.

Here is a good picture illustrating the differences.